Any junior corps that don't compete in DCI?

Huh, I learn something new every day. Are these some of the groups that perform as a Sound Sport groups in Indy over Finals weekend? I think I recognize a couple of the group names like Mon Valley Express, Columbus Saints and Erie Thunderbirds.

Huh, I learn something new every day. Are these some of the groups that perform as a Sound Sport groups in Indy over Finals weekend? I think I recognize a couple of the group names like Mon Valley Express, Columbus Saints and Erie Thunderbirds.

Come to think of it, SoundSport groups are drum corps that don't compete in the DCI Summer Music Games, but I suppose "DCI" in the thread title could be taken to include any DCI-owned circuit.

Those are not junior corps eligible for DCI. Erie, Columbus, and Mon Valley are all All-Age ensembles.

• 1 month later...

Those are not junior corps eligible for DCI. Erie, Columbus, and Mon Valley are all All-Age ensembles.

For the Columbus Saints, we actually do meet the age limit save 1 person out of our near 50 members. Average age this year was 18 years old.

Yes. Kamarag. I remember that. I was more being funny about the cadets violin that has all the dinosaurs in the Facebook drum corps groups angry. (Or the trooper unis, or bac synth player)

BTW, Cadets were, at best, second. Oregon Crusaders featured a violinist in 2014, used her again this year.

Myself, I don't care what corps do or the rules DCI changes as long as,

A. It maintains drum corps' reason for existing (by enhancing the distinction between drum corps and band).

B. It builds cultural relevance (by facilitating the creation of emotional connections between drum corps and the general public).