San Antonio Slotting

Boston Crusaders have an excellent slot, 5 after The Academy...would really liked to have seen the two of them right after one another.

Yes. This is a good draw for Boston too.

I think it's more of just the top 3 right now deserve that sizable gap... Not confident it will stay that way in a few weeks but as of now anyways...

That could be true, but I do think the gap will be exaggerated a bit. Having BD go on third is probably going to cause some judges to overproject some scores because they want to leave room between 1st and 3rd in case BD ends up being the best corps out there. If they didn't do that and Crown and Bloo ended up behind BD, there would be a huge numbers mismanagement issue.

Of course, if Crown and Bloo both place above BD, then that gap between 3rd and 1st will only become bigger

Considering performance order didn't play much into the order of placement yesterday is MN, I'll be optimistic and say that the groupings of 3 here will not be the same come Atlanta next week.

This is an undeserved, lousy draw for the Blue Devils. it was the quirkiness of the weather, not anything to do with their on field performance this season that put them in this lousy draw. BD is the 2 time defending DCI Champion, and currently undefeated so far this season as well. Its thus weird to see them not going on last at the first major regionals of the summer. But it is what it is, and nobody outside of the BD is going to have any sympathy for this undeserved performance draw position for BD. ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

This is an undeserved, lousy draw for the Blue Devils. it was the quickiness of the weather, not anything to do with their performance this season that put them in this slot. BD is the 2 time defending Champion, and undefeated so far this season too. Its thus weird to see them not going on last at the first major regionals of the summer. But it is what it is, ad nobody outside of the BD is going to have any sympathy for this undeserved performance position, imo ( haha!)

Huh? I thought the draw is random in groups of 3? BD just got unlucky

• Like 6

I'm like 90% sure that BD was just put in the highest tier group of three, and those are shuffled. They weren't put in an bad performance position, they were just unfortunate in a dice roll.

Only groups with really poor draws:

Madison and Academy. Both don't deserve to perform where they're going to at this show. It is what it is, but it's going to hurt both. BStars Phantom and BK will be very interesting at this show! Likewise obviously BD, Bloo and Crown!

Huh? I thought the draw is random in groups of 3? BD just got unlucky

I thought a 2 time defending champion that is currently undefeated this season would have earned the right to go on last. But if thats not the way its done ( a wacky system in this respect then, imo ) then my remarks were not pertinent. BD was thus the victim of fate for their lousy draw, not anything to do with their on field performance results from this season or last season. But thanks for clarifying how its currently done, as I was not previously aware of this... obviously.

Edited by BRASSO

Only groups with really poor draws:

Madison and Academy. Both don't deserve to perform where they're going to at this show. It is what it is, but it's going to hurt both. BStars Phantom and BK will be very interesting at this show! Likewise obviously BD, Bloo and Crown!

I agree that the Madison and Academy draws are tough. It'll be hard for Academy to get into the 12th spot when Boston is going on almost 90 minutes later. Same with Madison. Getting slotted in the 12 spot will make it difficult to get into the 7-9 range . Edited by GREENBLUE

Yes. This is a good draw for Boston too.

Isn't that what I just wrote? 😉

• Like 1