There was a 20-minute delay in the show (which wasn't communicated to the warm-up area, but I digress) which I was told was due to a few of Sky Alumni's members needing assistance in the heat during or after the performance . If true, I hope everyone was ok...

The heat was truly brutal, and I hope as well that all members are OK from Saturday.

I think the 20 min delay came from the time blocks for the show only being 17 minutes, when trooping the stands, pits setting up etc are not included in the 17 minute block allowed by DCA to being on the field to start and crossing the endzone line at the end. I think we were only delayed a few minutes, and it just slowly added up as it went to the later corps with it being a larger show.

ThankYou all for the kind words!

We had medical issues earlier in the day and after the performance , we were at the gate minutes early and had to stand around and wait for some other reason than something to do with us- but all 5 folks who had problems are fully recovered.

That being said IMHO it was a well run and well attended show ( tip of my cap to the YEA folks ) and a special shoutout to the Blue Eagles Food Concession folks- I feel like returning for the chicken fingers and french fries and the reasonably priced chilled Gatorade!

The heat and humidity was stifling , the kind of air that knocks down sound. IMHO ALL the competing corps put out a great effort with very entertaining shows.

I don't follow scores much anymore , but IMHO it should have been a bit tighter at the top- but if MBI and CV are anything like they have been - it will be a good year for DCA.

As for our drumline - Jomba was yelling at them to knock it off to no avail!

frankiE

• Like 1

The heat was truly brutal, and I hope as well that all members are OK from Saturday.

I think the 20 min delay came from the time blocks for the show only being 17 minutes, when trooping the stands, pits setting up etc are not included in the 17 minute block allowed by DCA to being on the field to start and crossing the endzone line at the end. I think we were only delayed a few minutes, and it just slowly added up as it went to the later corps with it being a larger show.

Makes sense. I wish DCA would go to DCI's simpler model: "Here's your block of time, ready go."

Makes sense. I wish DCA would go to DCI's simpler model: "Here's your block of time, ready go."

Honest, albeit uninformed, question here...LOL:

How does the DCI system work? Are there built-in breaks between corps and their blocs of time, and are the blocs of time different than what the DCA corps have?

Honest, albeit uninformed, question here...LOL:

How does the DCI system work? Are there built-in breaks between corps and their blocs of time, and are the blocs of time different than what the DCA corps have?

In DCI (unless it has changed recently), your block of time starts when you cross the goal line nearest the corps entrance gate. Your time block includes set-up, pre-show, judged performance, break-down and exit. Additionally, your pit can start moving gear into the pit area as soon as the previous corps starts moving theirs off (no clock on this).

There are no rules like DCA apparently has about bringing out props but then having horn players exit only to reenter (someone needs to explain that rule to me like I'm five). I know the DCA rules have changed over recent years, but it still seems unnecessarily complicated.

In DCI (unless it has changed recently), your block of time starts when you cross the goal line nearest the corps entrance gate. Your time block includes set-up, pre-show, judged performance, break-down and exit. Additionally, your pit can start moving gear into the pit area as soon as the previous corps starts moving theirs off (no clock on this).

There are no rules like DCA apparently has about bringing out props but then having horn players exit only to reenter (someone needs to explain that rule to me like I'm five). I know the DCA rules have changed over recent years, but it still seems unnecessarily complicated.

We ( Bush) were told at Sky's show the guard and pit can enter the field to set up together, the 17 minutes start when the corps proper enters the field when the chief judge signals ok, BUT ALL members except the pit must cross the finish line and when the last person crosses the timing stops. That's how it was explained to me. A little bit different from what I remember but much easier for guards to set up now with all the junk needed in today's productions.

ThankYou all for the kind words!

We had medical issues earlier in the day and after the performance , we were at the gate minutes early and had to stand around and wait for some other reason than something to do with us- but all 5 folks who had problems are fully recovered.

That being said IMHO it was a well run and well attended show ( tip of my cap to the YEA folks ) and a special shoutout to the Blue Eagles Food Concession folks- I feel like returning for the chicken fingers and french fries and the reasonably priced chilled Gatorade!

The heat and humidity was stifling , the kind of air that knocks down sound. IMHO ALL the competing corps put out a great effort with very entertaining shows.

I don't follow scores much anymore , but IMHO it should have been a bit tighter at the top- but if MBI and CV are anything like they have been - it will be a good year for DCA.

As for our drumline - Jomba was yelling at them to knock it off to no avail!

frankiE

when did people ever listen to Jomba?

oh this weekend looks to be even hotter

oh this weekend looks to be even hotter

Wonderful. :tongue:

I'm a spectator in Bayonne Saturday.... and the announcer at Bushwackers' show Sunday.

Will pack extra water. LOL