Denton TX Duelings

SCV will pass Cadets before it is over...

Yes, please

I really have no idea. Initially when I noticed the trend a couple years ago, I thought I was just being paranoid, but then other people started to point it out too.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that it is simply because they switch up the lineup ... for example, having a corps that normally goes on last, go on first. And, as I've heard, this causes the judging community to throw up numbers that may not be what the Corps actually deserve. Especially in the case of a perennial Last Spot Corps like Blue Devils when they go on first ... judges may have to throw up big numbers because they have to play "numbers management." Just what I've heard others say. Not sure I believe it. But, it kind of makes sense.

• Like 1

SCV is great. But Cadets brass will likely keep Cadets out in front.

SCV should be able to best them in every other caption right?!?!

SCV is great. But Cadets brass will likely keep Cadets out in front.

Agreed! As much as I love SCV's show, they do not have the brass prowess of the Cadets which will help them most in the end. However, I do believe SCV will overtake the Cadets in GE eventually.

along with every other corps at the top

And we all win because of it!
  • Like 1

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that it is simply because they switch up the lineup ... for example, having a corps that normally goes on last, go on first. And, as I've heard, this causes the judging community to throw up numbers that may not be what the Corps actually deserve. Especially in the case of a perennial Last Spot Corps like Blue Devils when they go on first ... judges may have to throw up big numbers because they have to play "numbers management." Just what I've heard others say. Not sure I believe it. But, it kind of makes sense.

That's definitely a plausible theory. It's unfortunate that switching up lineups could be causing such discrepancies though. This is why I keep saying that the judging system itself is broken, not the judges.

That's definitely a plausible theory. It's unfortunate that switching up lineups could be causing such discrepancies though. This is why I keep saying that the judging system itself is broken, not the judges.

I agree to an extent. I was talking with a friend a few weeks ago after we did an Escape Room together and saying that part of me wishes we'd go back to the tick system ... simply because that is so much less subjective. Then again, I don't think it's really possible to judge GE under the tick system ...

You both know it is the spreads that matter and not the raw scores....so if raw scores are wanky...so what...lol

Congrats Crown as it was a long ti,e coming! This season is going to continue to be a dogfight.

Yeah I thought they would place first after watching them do some super cleaning last night in Bentonville. I'm telling you right now, this show is going to win. It just has too much detail not to win, and they are extremely solid in every caption this year. Drumline is smokin! And I know when I hear some great drumming, as I have been involved in percussion for years. Really excited for Crown to finally breakthrough in percussion! Honestly, the really funny and strange part is I actually enjoyed the Blue Devils show more this time around, maybe because of the music. Odd... But I did really enjoy their show. It's flawless.

Edited by JDawg1259
  • Like 2