Denton TX Duelings

I think VP and CG is where crown has been stronger in these head-to-heads, but your guess is as good as mine.

Comparing Bloo visual caption of DeKalb and Warrensburg to last night:

Up 0.05 and even against Crown to down 0.45

Up 1.55 and 1.05 over Cadets to up 0.55,

Up 0.90 and 1.00 over Vanguard to up 0.50.

Question is has Bloo hit a small Visual plateau or did they just not get any love last night?

Houston and San Antonio should prove some insight, as well as Dalls when they only go against BD

Comparing Bloo visual caption of DeKalb and Warrensburg to last night:

Up 0.05 and even against Crown to down 0.45

Up 1.55 and 1.05 over Cadets to up 0.55,

Up 0.90 and 1.00 over Vanguard to up 0.50.

Question is has Bloo hit a small Visual plateau or did they just not get any love last night?

Houston and San Antonio should prove some insight, as well as Dalls when they only go against BD

Usually when this sort of thing happens it's not a matter of one corps maintaining their lead, but the others getting better. Bluecoats have a great visual program. I think it's the best in the activity this year, or at least on par with BD. But Bloo is less clean and at this stage Crown deserves to edge them in visual. They are cleaner in terms of form and feet/body.

As for Cadets, they started the season a mess visually. Sloppiest I've seen them early season in a long time. Cadets had more room to make improvement. Those numbers will settle a bit more now. I imagine Bluecoats will retain a lead over Cadets visually (providing they clean), but not by much. Maybe .35 to .50. Cadets really look like a different corps now.

Same can be said for SCV. They started sloppy. Had more room to improve. Also, they have an unreal visual program. If SCV fully cleans, they can challenge Bluecoats, BD, or Crown in visual IMO.

Basically Bluecoats came out very strong this year compared to the others. Crown was not too far off, but Cadets and SCV were well behind. Early season that can often be the case. Some corps come out much cleaner (even though they have plenty to clean -- BD is the usual example of this), some come out in decent shape, and some come out a complete "hot" mess. Once they all begin cleaning and refining and finishing their show scores usually begin to close into the appropriate spreads.

• Like 1

Thanks!!!

I really enjoyed last night's show. Had to call bingo so I didn't see all the corps. Had to rewind the DCI LIVE player and was able to catch Academy and part of Pacific Crest, and then saw Santa Clara onward. So much to enjoy from all the corps. Entertainment is good this year. I believe almost every corps, at this show at least, had something that people could get "into."

Competitively their are some fantastic battles this summer. The battle to get into the top 12 is going to be amazing. The battle for placements from 6 - 9 or 10 - 12, just amazing. The top 3 are crazy good, as are the 2 corps trying to break into the top 3.

As of now it seems we have a top 3 (BD, Crown, BLOO), tier 2 (Cadets, SCV), tier 3 (Cavaliers, Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment), tier 4 (Blue Stars, Madison, Crossmen), and on and on with the battle for top 12 (Academy, Boston, Troopers, Colts and others).

Bluecoats were just awesome! They still have major dirt in their closer to clean, but that show has so much upward potential, and what an enjoyable show! They are still my pick to win it all come Indy.

Sorry, Cavaliers belong in tier 2 just as much as Cadets and SCV.