Dark Horse

I think we know who our medal contenders are this year. I don't see any dark horses cracking into that group.

If one does, it will be the Surge of Surges.

Yep.

And who do you think is vulnerable in top 3 to be overtaken? Cadets show will either explode or implode as Corpsband said a while back. Not sure SA is where a dark horse emerges..

Cadets show is a raw weird show that may take off once it's performed. Plaqued with numerous re writes which had held back brass, percussion from refining. If they finish up now with changes, still time to clean and start to see those strong brass and percussion numbers that keeps them competitive every season

Bluecoats. And isn't the point of a dark horse something you don't expect? :tongue:

Doing these predictions is so much fun. Easy for me, I'm not connected to any of these corps.

Dark Horse - Santa Clara Vanguard

Why? Still positioned best to surge into Third, I think.

Honorable mention - Blue Stars (just solid overall, but find the drill design unique and well-executed)

I think the Cadets can be -if- they take that thing out back and hose it down reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good for a while.

• Like 1

Vanguard is obvious. Their show is a departure from the top three (and four if you could Cadets), and they have the potential to be a game changer if they add another 90 seconds to the show.

Cavaliers. They are eking dangerously close to Cadets. If what I have to believe are the last round of singificant changes fails to fix their show problems, Cadets could find themselves chasing Cavaliers. If you climb ahead of Cadets, then SCV is there for the taking. Would be quite an amazing accomplishment for Cavies to take fourth.

Blue Knights have to be considered a potential dark horse because they have the least polished top level show on tour.

• Like 1