Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

I wish pio could pass JS. It was a great and enjoyable show.

I like Pio's show better. Easily

• Like 2

Didn't want to unload, so I'll keep it brief.

I didn't think it was possible to suck all the fun out of Surf. That's what this show did. They could have done so much more for a show called "Ebb and Flow" to make it fun and standout, while being a little more serious if that was their goal. Instead it seems like a show you could call "Another sea show with La Mer". Performing it well, but these last few years it seems like they can't find a middle ground between being really fun and something that can compete. The giving show was well intentioned but really dull, last year was over the top, but fun, and this year is back to 2014. Academy has taken that torch and ran away with it. No reason Surf couldn't do the same.

Performance might keep you in front of Pioneer, but definitely not the show. Just being honest.

I think Surf can have challenges finding a balance between serious drum corps and fun. This show is somewhat like 2014 and not as entertaining as last year, but by this point last year Surf seemed to loose steam with a show that could have packed more of a punch than it did. For this year, when I saw them in Early July, I thought "Beyond the Sea" as a ballad had great potential.

• Like 1

I'm always rooting for the Surf, but I think they did go too far to be traditional this year. Middle grounds are hard to find, but I hope they seek it next year. I like the director and the people behind the scenes.

They seem like great people, definitley not trying to talk crap or anything.

I remember a topic this offseason where there were a bunch of people arguing they couldn't do fun and compete well. I do not agree with that at all. They don't have to be super serious. They just have to get really smart and really creative. Like I said ACADEMY. Looking at you. That's how you do fun/competitive all rolled up into one. It's possible.

• Like 1