That's It! I can't stand it anymore!

this thread makes me feel empowered to request different birthday and christmas gifts from people if i don't like what i get.

... or you go to the welfare office, they give you a free cellphone, but you get annoyed with them because it doesn't have all the very latest bells and whistles ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Attention anyone who has in the past or plans in the future to video any corps.

If you're plan is to put it on YouTube please video it as best as you can.

1. Sit as high as possible even if you have to show up earlier. Don't sit where people may be walking in front of you.

2. Whether up high or in the middle, please no panning in and out. It's usually too fast and you may end up missing a drill move. (No need to show the BC snares sliding down the ramp in a close up.) With encores a wide shot is all that's needed.

3. Remind yourself and others around you to shut up!

4. 7 P's.

5. Practice.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to film a corps in any setting, but please take your time while filming so when you play it back yourself you'll be proud of what you did.

6. Ask a friend to film from the 30 yard line so we can have multi cam on youtube...

I will only claim ignorance of not knowing what can and cannot be put on YouTube. I'm not interested in the fine print or finding out was is authorized. .

Will you do us a favor and go tape a show for us for free and download it for us to watch ? . But.... be forewarned.... if its not to our liking, we're going to be annoyed with how on how you taped it for our personal enjoyment, and we'll let you know what we didn't particularly like about your camera angle or whatnot. ( Ghost.. can you better understand now why you are getting such flak here on your criticism, and little to no sympathy for your annoyance with the free stuff you are watching and/ or downloading ? )

Edited by BRASSO

If DCI can't even include a corps' full final performance due to all the licensing issues, it's a safe bet that videoing a corps' full performance and uploading it to YouTube might violate something.

Thankfully, though, all DCI need do is make it clear, concise, and well-broadcast that video-ing shows is illegal and against DCI policy to avoid the wrath of the copyright police.

Still, even a non-lawyer knows that it's nearly as expensive to defend against an even unwarranted claim so they should do whatever they can to avoid making such videos available, up to and including deleting them and or reporting them to YouTube for deletion.

Will you do us a favor and go tape a show for us for free and download it for us to watch ? . But.... be forewarned.... if its not to our liking, we're going to be annoyed with how on how you taped it for our personal enjoyment, and we'll let you know what we didn't particularly like about your camera angle or whatnot. ( Ghost.. can you better understand now why you are getting such flak here on your criticism, and little to no sympathy for your annoyance with the free stuff you are watching and/ or downloading ? )

Not interested in the fine print? So its simply selfishness.

Great trait to have in a human being. <----sarcasm.

Edited by C.Holland

Thankfully, though, all DCI need do is make it clear, concise, and well-broadcast that video-ing shows is illegal and against DCI policy to avoid the wrath of the copyright police.

Still, even a non-lawyer knows that it's nearly as expensive to defend against an even unwarranted claim so they should do whatever they can to avoid making such videos available, up to and including deleting them and or reporting them to YouTube for deletion.

Many alumni who put up shows for their own FB groups, have been told to remove those videos. If the original creator of any of the music used decides to take them to court, it would likely cripple the organizations.

DCI's got this all wrong. Let people film shows and post them on YouTube. Whoever posts the best video with the highest amount of views gets free tickets to Finals next year and an internship with Tom Blair.

Of course, you can't film a show unless you buy tickets to that show, so.....

Hey, if you can't beat them, join them.

Edit: DCI should also get a portion of any and all ad revenue that posters receive. If you combined all videos from drum corps in a single season into one account, that would surely equate to the number of views necessary to induce YouTube ad money, right? I think the number's at 1 million views, but I could be way off base on that too.

Edited by ouooga

If I don't get Fan Network back in a few months, I will be forced to go shopping with my wife.

DCI... don't make me have to go shopping with my wife. It can be a sorrowful endeavor. Have pity on me.

• Like 2