Tech issue with DCI Live

Haven't had a tech issue with DCI Live all year until tonight.

Broadcast would freeze for a few seconds and then pick up live. I tried backing it up a few minutes to let it buffer and it did the same thing.

Anyone else have issues like that?

Seattle area on Comcast Xfinity

Same here. New Jersey on Comcast Xfinity

i will

but i'm not sure they can do anything about it

hot weekends seem to always have the worst technical problems here in central wa for some reason

Same problems - I am on xfinity (comcast) in Spokane area

Any of you Comcast viewers have problems before Friday night? I had flawless broadcasts until Friday.

The broadcasts have been much better this year - until Friday night.

• Like 1

I wish there was a good way to let DCI know what we want. I mean, its really just 2 things:

1) Video compression is way to heavy. Give us the option to get full 720p out, or even better, 1080p.

2) Let us hide the status bar at the bottom.

Honestly those are the two things they need to fix for this platform, everything else seems to be fine for me.

Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 2

I wish there was a good way to let DCI know what we want. I mean, its really just 2 things:

1) Video compression is way to heavy. Give us the option to get full 720p out, or even better, 1080p.

2) Let us hide the status bar at the bottom.

Honestly those are the two things they need to fix for this platform, everything else seems to be fine for me.

I've found that the video doesn't scale resolutions very well. I've been streaming it at true 720p resolution, and it is quite sharp (though exceedingly small on a 27" retina iMac). This seems to hold true for all of DCI's products. The 2014 DVD, for example, looks terrible if you try and play it at anything larger than 720p, and even then, it is obviously downsampled. Another oddity I've noticed this year is that some of the streams are actually interlaced, and not progressive. You lose edge acuity in this case, and interlaced video doesn't translate well on modern screens.

As for the status bar, I have no clue why they don't hide that.

I've found that the video doesn't scale resolutions very well. I've been streaming it at true 720p resolution, and it is quite sharp (though exceedingly small on a 27" retina iMac). This seems to hold true for all of DCI's products. The 2014 DVD, for example, looks terrible if you try and play it at anything larger than 720p, and even then, it is obviously downsampled. Another oddity I've noticed this year is that some of the streams are actually interlaced, and not progressive. You lose edge acuity in this case, and interlaced video doesn't translate well on modern screens.

As for the status bar, I have no clue why they don't hide that.

Chat support said they are working with neulion to get the status bar fixed. As for the compression, it's not just improper resolution scaling (although that's probably part of it), you can see the artifacts from the encoding/compression more than 1 pixel out. Its really easy to see on the overlays around the white text, and as members move, you can often see blurs behind them. Also yeah, the streams being interlaced is probably a problem as well, but I don't know enough about the difference between p and i to see that, I'll trust you on that one.