DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

Holy #### how close is everything!?

Either of the top 3 can still win it all

Either SCV, Cadets, or Cavies have a real possibility of landing in 6th

Blue Knights, Blue Stars, and Phantom are all within TWO ####### TENTHS OF A POINT. Phantom can go as far as 7th and fall as far as 9th. Wow.

And then there's that insane 10-13th grouping... I have no words. The Cinderella of this season (Academy) is turning into a real monster. First finals ever and they can come in 10th?!

I know people said Boston is REALLY good at late season pushes, but even I couldn't have imagined them finding a way to push Madison out of finals. As someone who really, really enjoyed their show in Annapolis, I hope they can take that 12th spot.

WHAT A F*CKING SEASON

• Like 6

So we have some really intense battles headed into finals week:

• Bluecoats a smidge ahead of Blue Devils and Carolina Crown. Bluecoats are in the drivers seat, but they haven't won it yet.
  • Santa Clara Vanguard a smidge ahead of Cavaliers who won GE, and Cadets who won music. Who comes out on top there?
  • Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, and Blue Stars within .2 over the two nights. That's anyone's game as far as I am concerned.
  • Crossmen remain in 10th, but by not as much this go around with The Academy surging well ahead of Madison.
  • Boston Crusaders are surging hugely, and ahead of Madison? Don't think anyone saw that coming a few weeks ago. Going into finals, it's a good position to be in going up instead of down.
  • Troopers seem comfortably in 14th, but after 2013s and 2015s NEAR finals surge in semifinals, it's silly to even count them out.
  • Colts chilling out in 15th, probably will stay.
  • Oregon Crusaders continue to go back and forth and back and forth. Who knows who will end up on top?
  • Pacific Crest topped Spirit of Atlanta over the two nights for I think the first time.
  • Cascades sitting comfortably in 20th.
  • Jersey Surf sitting comfortably in 21st.
  • Pioneer sitting comfortably in 22nd.
  • ......with Open Class corps as far down as 5th popping higher scores than Cascades, Jersey Surf, AND Pioneer. Who makes and who misses semifinals?

EXCITING WEEK!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

If Crown cleans up the dirt they left on the field tonight... watch out kids. Lots of visual and music ticks tonight. This is gonna be a fun week.

Am I the only one who caught the left/right issues after the heartbeat portion in the beginning? They almost came apart.

Holy #### how close is everything!?

Either of the top 3 can still win it all

Either SCV, Cadets, or Cavies have a real possibility of landing in 6th

Blue Knights, Blue Stars, and Phantom are all within TWO ####### TENTHS OF A POINT. Phantom can go as far as 7th and fall as far as 9th. Wow.

And then there's that insane 10-13th grouping... I have no words. The Cinderella of this season (Academy) is turning into a real monster. First finals ever and they can come in 10th?!

I know people said Boston is REALLY good at late season pushes, but even I couldn't have imagined them finding a way to push Madison out of finals. As someone who really, really enjoyed their show in Annapolis, I hope they can take that 12th spot.

WHAT A F*CKING SEASON

Where's the cappy meme?

• Like 1

So we have some really intense battles headed into finals week:

• Bluecoats a smidge ahead of Blue Devils and Carolina Crown. Bluecoats are in the drivers seat, but they haven't won it yet.
  • Santa Clara Vanguard a smidge ahead of Cavaliers who won GE, and Cadets who won music. Who comes out on top there?
  • Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, and Blue Stars within .2 over the two nights. That's anyone's game as far as I am concerned.
  • Crossmen remain in 10th, but by not as much this go around with The Academy surging well ahead of Madison.
  • Boston Crusaders are surging hugely, and ahead of Madison? Don't think anyone saw that coming a few weeks ago. Going into finals, it's a good position to be in going up instead of down.
  • Troopers seem comfortably in 14th, but after 2013s and 2015s NEAR finals surge in semifinals, it's silly to even count them out.
  • Colts chilling out in 15th, probably will stay.
  • Oregon Crusaders continue to go back and forth and back and forth. Who knows who will end up on top?
  • Pacific Crest topped Spirit of Atlanta over the two nights for I think the first time.
  • Cascades sitting comfortably in 20th.
  • Jersey Surf sitting comfortably in 21st.
  • Pioneer sitting comfortably in 22nd.
  • ......with Open Class corps as far down as 5th popping higher scores than Cascades, Jersey Surf, AND Pioneer. Who makes and who misses semifinals?

EXCITING WEEK!

The people accused of being "Kool-Aid Drinkers" saw it. ;)

I honestly think Crown & BD are battling for 2nd. Coats may have this.

I also believe it will end SCV, Cadets, Cavaliers in the next 3 spots

Boston is improved, but I'd give the edge to Scouts

Will be an interesting Semifinals to witness Thursday! Can't wait.

And even better - I really love a lot of the shows. There's only a few I don't love - which is rare in any given year. A terrific season IMO :)

• Like 1

I honestly think Crown & BD are battling for 2nd. Coats may have this.

I also believe it will end SCV, Cadets, Cavaliers in the next 3 spots

Boston is improved, but I'd give the edge to Scouts

Will be an interesting Semifinals to witness Thursday! Can't wait.

And even better - I really love a lot of the shows. There's only a few I don't love - which is rare in any given year. A terrific season IMO :)

If SCV falls to 6th, they will by far be the best 6th place corps ever.

• Like 2