Form and steps

Shows have always been designed to score well under the scoring system in use at the time. Tick-era shows would not score well today, and todays shows would not score well under the tick system.

The difference was shows in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s could be designed to score well under the scoring system and still be entertaining. That is seemingly getting less and less possible with each passing year.

Edited by henry7184

The difference was shows in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s could be designed to score well under the scoring system and still be entertaining. That is seemingly getting less and less possible with each passing year.

Actually the scoring system was modified in 2014 to reward entertainment as well as audience engagement. This has had a *massive* impact on the contending corps and how they design.

• Like 1

Anyone up for a discussion on Planar Analysis?

Only if I don't have to go to RAMD to do it.

• Like 1

Anyone up for a discussion on Planar Analysis?

"He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking." - Spock :satisfied:

• Like 1

I'm glad someone got the reference!

Sometimes I wonder if Catherine is still over there terrorizing everyone.

Sometimes I wonder if Catherine is still over there terrorizing everyone.

Does that place even exist any longer?

Actually the scoring system was modified in 2014 to reward entertainment as well as audience engagement. This has had a *massive* impact on the contending corps and how they design.

DCI hasn't actually released any sheets since 2012, so there's little info about this besides DCI's press release. Could you talk a little more about what changed in 2014 on the sheets? And maybe an example of something this year that you think is being rewarded because of those changes?