Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/8/16

Yeahhh I am a Shadow Parent and as a first year Corps and HS Age only, Finals would be huge for them. Pins and needles.

What a great program. Wish I would've had something like this in high school!

SCVC parent here; please keep the updates coming!

PS: for anyone watching live look for the short trumpet player in the featured octet; he's also the one tossed in the air by the tubas on Side 1 during drum solo.

I LOVE SCVC!

Beautiful show once again. Ballad and closer are soooooooooo gorgeous.

You should be proud.

:)

• Like 1

While you cannot compare DCI with DCA in number of corps, DCA treats Class A and Open equally at both preliminaries and finals. In fact, if the top score of a Class A corps is in the top 10, then they become voting members of the Association.

DCI allows the open class to compete with world class on Thursday in preliminaries. It's time to think outside the box and have all preliminaries on Thursday, OC finals and WC semifinals on Friday, and WC finals on Saturday.....all at LOS.

Wow big updates:

LS- 55.325

CC - 61.55

RCR - 65.7

Impulse - 61.575

Shadow - 64.175

Raiders - 66.55

Guardians - 66.35

Stars - 67.775

Gold - 69.463

7th Reg - 72.0

They just announced "an error" in the previous scores. RCR actually has a 64.?? I was outside and couldnt hear clearly

Oh my the drama of it all...

at least we have corps scores twitter to update us...thanks dci

Drum Man,

Thank you for kind words...this year's group is a bit unique in that four of the trumpet players all have dads who marched in the '84 SCV hornline, and three of those dads marched in the same section (baritone). The trumpet soloist is the son of the '84 SCV sop soloist in Tenderland, and two of the trumpets stand next to each in the horn arc just as their dads did BITD. They've been nicknamed "84 Redeux".

The cost of LOS does not warrant the return. Michigan City is sort of the prefect size for OC. The stands are full and it's a fantastic venue for drum corps. LOS would make the 3000 that show up for OC Finals look like no one. I think the corps sound better there than in LOS

• Like 3

The cost of LOS does not warrant the return. Michigan City is sort of the prefect size for OC. The stands are full and it's a fantastic venue for drum corps. LOS would make the 3000 that show up for OC Finals look like no one. I think the corps sound better there than in LOS

Wish they would produce audio of all the corps though. Would do a lot to help build interest in the OC corps. It's especially tough on the WC corps who don't make semis (probably Pioneer and Surf again at least). Their shows will go in the history trash heap.

Edited by WaxDCIFan