SCV snares sound

I always thought Vanguard had the best snare tuning (whole line really) every year. Saw them at NIghtbeat and first thing I noticed was how lousy the snares sounded, and then how poorly they were playing them. such a disappointment. It could have been a one-off, the humidity, etc. Nobody ever tunes better than Vanguard *except in 2016.

Have to add, Bluecoats snares sounded real nice, same night.

Edited by sarnia sam

Nothing will ever compare to Mylar with steel rims,, the rim shots sounded like shot guns,, but the tuning challenges were constant, but the richness of the snare sound was undeniable.

• Like 1

SCV Quads though. Those things sound magnificent.

I agree on the snares though. They're kind of lost this year. Too cranked, in my opinion. They really speak when the heads are able to resonate.

Interestingly....I don't like how the quads sound at all. When I've seen them live its been even hard to hear their features with clarity on the field, and cleanliness is definitely not the problem with those guys. I've thought that as long as Rennick has used Renaissance heads on the tenors, including PR '10.

Sounded great in Dynasty's semis lot vids.

• Like 1