I'd Be Most Shocked . . .

All season long posters have declared that the top 3 were untouchable, and the Vanguard was on a "fourth place island." Cadets rocked that world in Massillon last night with the upset of the year so far dropping Vanguard into 5th. At one point Cadets were in 6th after the Cavaliers overtook them.

I would be shocked if Cadets could break into the top 3. But...

...there is NO doubt, they are surging!

Just wish I had more confidence in DCI's scoring motives. Keeping the top score lower all season I get, but keeping scores closer to me is cooking the books, and makes all this horse race stuff feel fake.

I would be shocked in Bluecoats DO NOT win. If they have a clean run, they win (IMHO).

I would be shocked if Cadets won high brass and percussion (like they almost did last year), but things have changed in the last week and their brass and percussion are on pace to potentially finish top 2 in each caption...but,

I would be shocked if Carolina Crown DOES NOT win high brass.

I would be shocked if Blue Devils DO NOT win high visual proficiency.

I would be shocked if anyone BUT Bloo, Crown, and BD are in the top 3. Perhaps a week ago I felt if SCV really put the spit and polish on the show that perhaps they could jump Crown. With Cadets narrow victory over Vanguard last night, even if SCV still finishes 4th at Finals, I think them jumping to top 3 is a long shot.

I would be REALLY SHOCKED if Academy is not top 12, and honestly see them 11th.

I would be shocked if Phantom gets their members back healthy and knocks off BK and Cavaliers for 6th. Nothing against BK or Cavaliers, but this is what I will be rooting for. :)

• Like 1

I don't hear, "They're always ready!" at least 6 times.

Be prepared to be shocked. They usually yell "They were born ready".

and I hate both versions!!!

• Like 3

So if that happened, Cadets might get the Silver. How shocking would that be?

On my phone and too lazy to research this, if there was a 3-way tie for first, do they give out silver and bronze? If there wasn't a tie, then those 3 corps would have split all the medals.

What happened at the last DCI tie?

On my phone and too lazy to research this, if there was a 3-way tie for first, do they give out silver and bronze? If there wasn't a tie, then those 3 corps would have split all the medals.

There was no silver. Two golds and a bronze.

• Like 1

There was no silver. Two golds and a bronze.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Just wish I had more confidence in DCI's scoring motives. Keeping the top score lower all season I get, but keeping scores closer to me is cooking the books, and makes all this horse race stuff feel fake.

Where is all this about keeping the scores close coming from? Was there some kind of written directive? If so, can someone post it?

How would individual judges even know what will keep the overall scores close, as they don't know what the other judges are doing? Making one score close might keep the overall farther apart, whereas it might otherwise made up a difference resulting from all the other scores.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

I think the last time I saw a tie, they put a space in the lower slot. So a tie at 5th is followed by 7th place. A 3-way tie for 1st being followed by 4th place seems weird...