DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

:O

Congrats and congrats!

And boy are you in for a treat. I would love to hear your thoughts on everyone as someone who hasn't followed all year. If you have the time.

;)

Just sitting here watching the shows man....all day plenty of time. :)

There are a few of us Memphis Blues alums with tears in our eyes after "Can't help falling in Love".

• Like 2

When it comes down to it I am just glad Spirit is out there obviously having fun performing a show that is obviously Spirit. I was worried at the discussions about behind the scenes and money stuff this past off season. The members faces at the end of that says it all.

Did they take out the Let It Be Me snippet? :-(

Edited by CrownBariDad

Oh man there's some of that age out emotion at the close. :tears up:

There are a few of us Memphis Blues alums with tears in our eyes after "Can't help falling in Love".

Its such a gorgeous number and the arrangement they do is lush. I just wish the vocal recording was a brass solo and I'd totally be sold.

Spartans and Genesis were just ok for me. Its not that I don't like Amplification, per say, its just i don't think corps use it right. Like when Genesis was playing...i'm laying there on my couch, and BLAMO, this chick screams loudly...I was like, what the? No...fail. that doesn't go. so...they turned me off just from that.

Legends...I liked alot. Cascades...eh. Spirit...jazzy....like that

Its such a gorgeous number and the arrangement they do is lush. I just wish the vocal recording was a brass solo and I'd totally be sold.

I agree.

Just to confirm, SCVC and BDB will never go World Class, right? The answer seems obviously no, but these guys are pretty darn good, and BDB's even better (at least this year). Seems like a shame that they're in the smaller division purely because of their respective big brothers.

Just to confirm, SCVC and BDB will never go World Class, right? The answer seems obviously no, but these guys are pretty darn good, and BDB's even better (at least this year). Seems like a shame that they're in the smaller division purely because of their respective big brothers.

I believe each organization can only field one world class corps, iirc.