DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Cadets went the C2 route. Which was the nature of my question that started my thinking on this. It offers yet another model that brings kids looking into doing corps but not ready to tour alongside Cadets alumni in DCA. That surely gives the up and coming members a heck of an experience as well and probably sells a number of them on the activity as well as their parents who may have been resistant to letting their kid tour or spending the money on the fees.

Edit to add: I believe Cavies do a number of things with high schools as I know my alma mater once had them in for a clinic weekend. Although I suspect a lot of the corps do this sort of thing.

Edited by KVG_DC

YEA/Cadets fielded two - Xmen and Cadets. Are you sure that's a rule?

FWIW I think both these corps (BDB and SCVC) should just move to world class but keep the same tour (or maybe do ATL to INDY or something). Open is supposed to be a developmental class and they've clearly moved out of that criteria for a number of years now. I understand the financial issues. Surely something can be worked out.

I had completely forgotten about that.

I'm not for sure about it, no. It could have just been an idea that was floated when Division I became World, and Division II & III became Open class. The abbreviated tour schedule is most likely why they'll remain in Open, but I get where you're coming from.

Edited by dcsnare93

FWIW I think both these corps (BDB and SCVC) should just move to World Class but keep the same tour (or maybe do ATL to INDY or something). Open is supposed to be a developmental class, and they've clearly moved out of that criteria for a number of years now. I understand the financial issues. Surely something can be worked out.

I think maybe financial stability during the recession helped these two corps relative to the rest of the Open Class field. Ten years ago, SCVC and BDB were fifth and sixth, respectively, in their division. Spartans were notably stronger than them in that year--and nine years ago, Spartans won the class, leading these two corps (and others) by five points. Since then, though, only Oregon Crusaders have bested them.

Meanwhile. The train rolls on! I like this Pacifc Crest show.

PC is just so ho hum for me. and they are dirty. what gives? last show of the year. no way they are beating SCVC after that performance.

The drill at the end is just full of energy as the stretch to the ending front.

• Like 1

I think maybe financial stability during the recession helped these two corps relative to the rest of the Open Class field. Ten years ago, SCVC and BDB were fifth and sixth, respectively, in their division. Spartans were notably stronger than them in that year--and nine years ago, Spartans won the class, leading these two corps (and others) by five points. Since then, though, only Oregon Crusaders have bested them.

They are in a class by themselves IMO. Let them do a really abbreviated World Class tour -- they clearly belong in that class.

• Like 1