2016 DCI World Championship Finals - 8/13/2016

by the way i saw the vid on youtube of the Troopers staffer who took out the LOS security guard that punched him trying to stop the corps from Singing Battle Hymn. if that guy told me to do pushups i wouldn't argue!

wow... should we start the "2017 staff moves" thread now with "Troopers seeking new brass caption head"?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

copy/pasta from the Reddit thread...

This happened immediately after the corps semifinals performance, when the members were gathering after an extremely emotional run. While gathered the event staff member began aggressively demanding the corps move out of the "access lane" (even though they left plenty of space), and even started throwing the ladder props while the kids were singing Battle Hymn for the last time. Tim came over to politely ask him to calm down and the corps would move in just a minute, when the staff member came at him with an elbow. Tim was only just defending himself and his kids (albeit very well).

• Like 1

Surprised to see PR's percussion higher than their guard.

Underrated percussion all summer. Great guard too, of course!

Wow. Looks like it was Madison's guard that cost them the finals.

Congratulations Bluecoats! Not just for winning the DCI Championship, but doing so with a revolutionary

and entertaining program! And also congrats to Academy for being first time finalist....congrats to Carolina Crown

for winning 3 captions and to SCV for winning the Sanford!!

All my sentiments EXACTLY! For all these reasons, this has been my favorite summer since I became a fan!! CONGRATULATIONS BLOO!!!

Good job BLOO

Just saw the recaps for the Massillon show since I attended and commenting here since that thread is closed.

Crown won percussion that night and makes sense from what I saw. That said, Crown Percussion from what I have gathered have been doing well all season until Finals week. Interesting.

Really? Wow, I was at the show as well and commented in that thread.

Do you know why it was closed? Did it turn ugly, or has DCP closed all the old threads where the full recaps have now been released?

+++

I am so happy DCI choose to NOT release full recaps during the season. So much aggravation avoided for the rest of us!

Now I can simply leave DCP until next season and all the conspiracy nuts, judges critics, and slotting experts can talk amongst themselves and I can return without having to endure the mindless time-wasting insanity.

It's a win-win! :thumbup:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1