Madison Scouts 2017

Yes I am excited about what Madison has done reaching into other successful corps alumnus ranks like BD and Cavaliers!

• 3 weeks later...

Some nice changes to the Scouts staff. http://www.madisonscouts.org/

Visual staff did a great job with BDB, and those that were not with BDB last year are very good.

Guard staff has some new faces, but lots of familiar as well.

Brass staff has some new faces as well, and the return of Andy Putnam who is an alum and did a lot of work with the brass staff until 2006, before heading to SoA for a while. Also, Jeremy Hackworth is coming home. He's had a successful career in California and worked with several corps, and is now a band director in Texas.

Still waiting on the percussion staff.

Design staff includes a new drill writer, which I have heard great things about, and wrote for Magic among others, not sure when. Van Mathews is going from a consultant role on brass staff to being part of the music coordination. If you don't know of Van, he was with the corps in the 90's, then spent 2000-2009 with BD. He's band director at LD Bell in Texas and is brilliant.

It's obvious the BoD, as well as Dann Peterson and Chris Komnick took a good look at what worked, and areas that needed improvement and have made strides to improve areas of the corps.

Looking forward to 2017!

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Scott Oliver returns?

Scott Oliver returns?

Considering he's doing a great job, yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing like poaching the feeder corps ranks for your new leadership. Yikes.

Is that a reference to the new visual staff?

You want good, smart teachers. Who cares where they come from? You would want someone less qualified from Crowns staff than someone more qualified from BDB? Methinks you should care more about the job someone does and less about where they come from.

Z

• Like 2

Yea, I don't quite understand this either. I hope it isn't a financial decision.

Yea, I don't quite understand this either. I hope it isn't a financial decision.

It's a little archaic to think that just because a visual team was last with a corps such as BDB that they have any less talent or credentials as others in say world class.

If you have seen BDB the past few years then you would know the talent and skill this team has, and that they're good at what they do.

As for the money comment, this team is coming from the wealthiest organization in the activity, so the money comment is absurd.

BD pumps money into all of their programs, not just the A corps, but you know, drop questions for no reason.

Edited by tesmusic