Madison Scouts 2017

This is @DrumCorpsClips' on Twitter's featured clip today for #HalloweenScreamers:

https://twitter.com/DrumCorpsClips/status/791765962936623104

Ballet in Brass is about as classic as it gets for Madison. You can kind of hear some 2001-era arranging influences in this version (screamers be ######), but it works as well as any other rendition of that tune from them.

What would it take to see an updated 2017 version on the field? Is it even possible, or is a musical focus like that just not rewarded enough competitively to be feasible? Or worse, would current trends render it so unrecognizable and disjointed so as to leave well enough alone?

Something to think about.

Great clip I didn't want to end. Thanks. Power and energy I missed in the 2016 show.

• Like 1

This is @DrumCorpsClips' on Twitter's featured clip today for #HalloweenScreamers:

https://twitter.com/DrumCorpsClips/status/791765962936623104

Ballet in Brass is about as classic as it gets for Madison. You can kind of hear some 2001-era arranging influences in this version (screamers be ######), but it works as well as any other rendition of that tune from them.

What would it take to see an updated 2017 version on the field? Is it even possible, or is a musical focus like that just not rewarded enough competitively to be feasible? Or worse, would current trends render it so unrecognizable and disjointed so as to leave well enough alone?

Something to think about.

I love Ballet in Brass. But please, for the love of God, NO MORE RE-HASHES! There's soooo much great music out there that the Scouts

have never done before that could be amazing. Why do they keep trying to bring back old music. They could do an entire production based

on Benjamin Britain's "War Requim" or Holsinger's "Ballet Sacra"....or as someone suggested, Han Zimmer's "Man of Steel"....or there's

a great piece that I always hoped Blue Devils would tackle, but Madison could do it too....Duke Ellington's Jazz version of Mary Poppins!

From the filmmakers: We have a massive opportunity to help give national exposure to the drum corps activity. Our documentary "Scouts Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood" is coming out on the iTunes Movie store on Tuesday. If enough digital copies sell from now through it's opening week, we could land the film on the American documentary chart for iTunes. If that happens, it will get people who know nothing about the drum corps subculture to sit up and pay attention. Pre-order it now for only $10 and help drum corps reach the mainstream!

If you haven't heard: The award winning, documentary film "Scouts Honor" is now on the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/…/scouts-honor-inside…/id11563

Edited by bass5
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Talk is cheap. Finish in the top 12.

Bingo. Sad state of affairs. Don't give 2 shats if "everyone is just better now", which is always what we get to explain away the lackluster results. If that's the case, then my question would be, "well why aren't you too?!"

• Like 1