Madison Scouts 2017

14 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Not without permission from the corps at this point, either way.

The organization is not looking for any info to be spilled without them knowing what it is at this point, from what I've heard directly.

I"m not going to say anything anymore about Scouts 17, except a warning to all of you guys... and it's not a bogus hype!

Their opener blew my mind and the final run through this morning gave me the chills I haven't felt since the 1990's...  And the way Scott Oliver shaped the music... OMG!

As a member of 1991 BD, I felt the style of Scout's opener is like a mixture of 91 and 95 BD closer.  Come out of the gate like gun slingers... F'ing Glorious....  I'm still feeling the goose bump!   It has style, little avant-garde jazz phrases, bunch of FFFFFF blow aways... And more importantly, something that have been missing in recent decade, aggression with anger.   I can't wait to see the finish product, judging by what I have seen, this show will be a home run!!!

You guys are in for a treat!

• Like 6

Thank you Vance for the honesty!!! Especially coming from a BD Alum!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Im sure Its not impossible.  I would actually argue that its BETTER  to take younger guys.  Im sure you know how hard it is to make SCV, but I recently heard a story about a guy who got a contract offer from Cadets.  After he made Cadets he went to SCV to audition, and didnt even make callbacks...

It is the nature of the beast but my son knows a number of kids that got contracted at Cadets at their first camp in November but he also knows students that went to BD, Crown, and SCV that had to go through two rounds of callbacks before being offered contracts in January.  I think it is getting much tougher to make it into the top 4 and they are willing to make you really work for it before offering a contract.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pit Dad said:

It is the nature of the beast but my son knows a number of kids that got contracted at Cadets at their first camp in November but he also knows students that went to BD, Crown, and SCV that had to go through two rounds of callbacks before being offered contracts in January.  I think it is getting much tougher to make it into the top 4 and they are willing to make you really work for it before offering a contract.

Or theyre stringing you along for money....just kidding.  It is very hard to make a top corps, but its not impossible.

2017 Madison Scouts

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, msesq said:

I agree.  Wonder that it might have been a tough decision. Surely some emotion involved, appeals to tradition, the angst of change. But I'm impressed. Moving toward a smart, visionary, contemporary, sustainable organization is a great way to honor Scouts tradition and legacies.

9 minutes ago, oldestoftheold said:

Does "Forward" mean that the Madison Scouts will allow ladies to perform with the corps?

No