Madison Scouts 2017

I want all corps to march both genders.  By this point though, there are so many corps that march everyone that they dont really have to change.  Its also about legacy and tradition.  I dont really see Madison or Cavies changing their ways any time soon.  I only get a little bit upset about it whenever I think about a person who really like the Cavies or Madison for their style of shows, and cant march them, but I dont know.  I dont mean to offend or annoy, thats just my opinion.

Edited by BoaDci

A non for profit organization should be able to make their own rules. Girls cant march with Scouts or Cavies, & guys cant dance in the Rockettes. No problem with either one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

A non for profit organization should be able to make their own rules. Girls cant march with Scouts or Cavies, & guys cant dance in the Rockettes. No problem with either one.

Agreed.  

31 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Exactly!

11 hours ago, oldestoftheold said:

Does "Forward" mean that the Madison Scouts will allow ladies to perform with the corps?

Absolutely not!

12 hours ago, oldestoftheold said:

Does "Forward" mean that the Madison Scouts will allow ladies to perform with the corps?

It is the name of the umbrella organization that the Madison Scouts are part of. For many years it has been the "Madison Drum and Bugle Corps Association." It is similar to The Cadets and Cadets2 being under the umbrella of Yea!

The Madison Scouts will be a performing ensemble under the umbrella, which will add other opportunities for performance and education.

My hope is that, if feasible of course, that the organization can develop WGI performance groups such as winter guard, drumline, winds, potentially SoundSport, etc.

It's a good move for not only the Madison Scouts, but also the hometown/area, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, msesq said:

Great to hear ! Best of success to Madison's new SoundSport startup !