Madison Scouts 2017

On 2/2/2017 at 9:18 AM, tesmusic said:

It is the name of the umbrella organization that the Madison Scouts are part of. For many years it has been the "Madison Drum and Bugle Corps Association." It is similar to The Cadets and Cadets2 being under the umbrella of Yea!

The Madison Scouts will be a performing ensemble under the umbrella, which will add other opportunities for performance and education.

My hope is that, if feasible of course, that the organization can develop WGI performance groups such as winter guard, drumline, winds, potentially SoundSport, etc.

It's a good move for not only the Madison Scouts, but also the hometown/area, IMO.

Well 

Take this with a grain of salt cause I am not Dan or Chris, but they are doing Soundsport. Women or men, ages 15 to 20. It's just the beginning of moving forward. Tea probably shouldn't be answering questions directly on here but he has a good heart. 

This I do know The 2017 Madison Scouts are coming to town.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Any update on the B flat bugles?  Vance was talking about them and then just...stopped.

I'm just drooling at the prospect of hearing a full Scouts sop line on these...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I'm just drooling at the prospect of hearing a full Scouts sop line on these...

If they can get the bugles in tune, I am a huge advocate.  Hearing Arturo on them is incredible.

19 hours ago, BoaDci said:

If they can get the bugles in tune, I am a huge advocate.  Hearing Arturo on them is incredible.

For any corps that would consider using them, there is more to the choice than simply whether or not they can be played in tune. 

As for the posts about from/about Scouts January camp, it was requested that items not be posted, and unfortunately, things were. Maybe it hasn't been happening because the poster followed their request.

At any rate, I do believe that 2017 will be a strong year for the corps from a design and performance standpoint.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

For any corps that would consider using them, there is more to the choice than simply whether or not they can be played in tune. 

As for the posts about from/about Scouts January camp, it was requested that items not be posted, and unfortunately, things were. Maybe it hasn't been happening because the poster followed their request.

At any rate, I do believe that 2017 will be a strong year for the corps from a design and performance standpoint.

I too agree with your 2017 prediction.  That really is awful about the January camp, I guess we'll have to wait.

34 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I don't need any confirming evidence or proof. I will happily accept this as true. Very much looking Forward - see how I worked that word in here? - to a great summer from the Scouts.

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

I too agree with your 2017 prediction.  That really is awful about the January camp, I guess we'll have to wait.

I just found it odd that there were posts when the admins specifically asked there not to be.

• Like 1