Madison Scouts 2017

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

I don't need any confirming evidence or proof. I will happily accept this as true. Very much looking Forward - see how I worked that word in here? - to a great summer from the Scouts.

I will say this, I had a chance to hear the hornline and drumline play live, and as a drum corps fan and alum I'm very excited. Granted, I look on the positive with them most of the time, and if I do have reservations or concerns, I don't share them on here, so take that for what it's worth, but I left camp very excited.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I will say this, I had a chance to hear the hornline and drumline play live, and as a drum corps fan and alum I'm very excited. Granted, I look on the positive with them most of the time, and if I do have reservations or concerns, I don't share them on here, so take that for what it's worth, but I left camp very excited.

Good to hear.

• Like 1

The great Jimmy Elvord stopped by camp this weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

The great Jimmy Elvord stopped by camp this weekend.

I'm calculating years and wondering if the lads in Mad's hornline today were even born when Jimmy last taught. Still has much wisdom to share. He knows how to get every ounce of energy out of those Scout horns and hornplayers.

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'm calculating years and wondering if the lads in Mad's hornline today were even born when Jimmy last taught. Still has much wisdom to share. He knows how to get every ounce of energy out of those Scout horns and hornplayers.

I was 1 his last season with the corps, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I was 1 his last season with the corps, lol.

Wow one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, msesq said:

Moving forward 

An opportunity for both genders to enjoy our family. 

Soundsport does not even know what is about to hit them. 

Rockin for a Cure is next month, things are about to get juicy! 

The 2017 Madison Scouts, Soundsport, The Madison Scouts Alumni Corps, Jim Ott Brass Ensemble Thirdcoast, The Big Payback. 

Yep, moving forward! 

• Like 1

Seeing this word " forward " multiple times here on this page has me believe that's a hint of this years to be announced theme. Either that, or I'm being much too backwards in my thinking on this.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Seeing this word " forward " multiple times here on this page has me believe that's a hint of this years to be announced theme. Either that, or I'm being much too backwards in my thinking on this.

It's not about the show. A few pages back there was a post that indicated that Madison would now be under a newly-named umbrella organization, Forward.

This replaces the long use MADBCA.

Under thew new umbrella the corps will remain the flagship, but there will be a SoundSport group, as well as an educational outreach program, with a major focus on students in Wisconsin, and specifically the Madison area. There will be other arms to the organization, but that's the basis of it.

• Like 1

On March 9, 2017 at 11:13 AM, tesmusic said:

It's not about the show. A few pages back there was a post that indicated that Madison would now be under a newly-named umbrella organization, Forward.

This replaces the long use MADBCA.

Under thew new umbrella the corps will remain the flagship, but there will be a SoundSport group, as well as an educational outreach program, with a major focus on students in Wisconsin, and specifically the Madison area. There will be other arms to the organization, but that's the basis of it.

That's awesome! 

• Like 1