Madison Scouts 2017

16 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I was expecting some sort of announcement for women to be able to march with the Scouts on April 1st. If people fell for the airplane, they'd fall for that

That joke has been done too many times, probably wouldn't have had the same humor anymore.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

That joke has been done too many times, probably wouldn't have had the same humor anymore.

Dang. Looks like I can't escape redoing things haha

4 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Dang. Looks like I can't escape redoing things haha

I wouldn't worry about it. 

Wait til this summer when all the INT jokes that you may have seen occasionally start showing up on here, they'll be everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I wouldn't worry about it. 

Wait til this summer when all the INT jokes that you may have seen occasionally start showing up on here, they'll be everywhere. 

Yes, INT has apparently followed the lead of the elite Corps too, and has developed a Cone of Silence it appears during 42 out of the 52 weeks of the year. But INT will be back by the season's start, imo, or at the latest, by the middle of the season.

18 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Did I dream this or was there a rumor the Scouts were switching to the new Andalucia horns for 2017?

There was definitely hinting through the grapevine that they were experimenting with them at a camp. Don't think they could do a full line because I haven't seen bugles outside of just sops, but I don't know other than what gets posted on this forum.

28 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

There was definitely hinting through the grapevine that they were experimenting with them at a camp. Don't think they could do a full line because I haven't seen bugles outside of just sops, but I don't know other than what gets posted on this forum.

The guy that makes those horns was alluding to it, and has created soprano, mellophone, and baritone bugles. 

The corps itself was not giving any information about as to whether or not they were using them, trying them out, etc. 

I'm confident in saying they're not going to be on the field with the Scouts this season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

The guy that makes those horns was alluding to it, and has created soprano, mellophone, and baritone bugles. 

Any plans on a contra bugle? What I would do to get my hands on a Bb contra and see the difference for myself.

5 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Any plans on a contra bugle? What I would do to get my hands on a Bb contra and see the difference for myself.

Not sure. The guy making them has only produced those 3 bugles, to my knowledge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, littlejaw said:

The website says "Coming Soon". Spring 2017...

http://www.andaluciami.com/marching-brass.html

1d404c60435d5708784593cff28fba7d?AccessKeyId=CC9F6539818D7FF18DC0&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Coming soon

AdVance Series 5/4 Contrabass
Key of Bb

This Bb Contrabass is based on the King K90 5/4 G bugle and we have finally settled on the BBb spec as of May 2016.  Coming soon spring of 2017.

Projected MSRP: Lacquer $6000, Silver Plate $6500

• Like 1