Madison Scouts 2017

On 5/5/2017 at 2:20 PM, henry7184 said:

I talked to someone on their staff last year. The reason for the uniform change and the decision to ditch the headgear was not because a few members were sliding down some slides, it was because they thought (and I agree wholeheartedly) that he new uniforms were more appropriate for movement. And, they were right.

let's just look at that for a bit

and 3 likes???

14 minutes ago, cowtown said:

let's just look at that for a bit

and 3 likes???

Heh You are too smart for this board. Yeah, they didn't abandon head gear to facilitate movement (lots of corps members climbing up and going down lots of slides), the did it to make it fit in with all the movement they were doing. Two entirely different things. Not. 

Just noticed that Madison is playing Prague.... YES!

In 2013 I went to school at SHSU, played bass clarinet in Wind Ensemble, and we played this piece at TMEA in 2013. It was easily one of the most memorable moments in my musical career. Can't wait until I hear this on the field!

• Like 3

From the snippets that I have heard, I am so excited about this entire musical book!!!!

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2017 at 8:19 PM, Madcityscout said:

From the snippets that I have heard, I am so excited about this entire musical book!!!!

Same here !

On 5/1/2017 at 4:16 PM, shmeg212 said:

I think that after last year they got together and decided that it wouldn't hurt to try something new. Would you rather them do the same thing and look the same repeatedly and eventually become irrelevant or see them branch out into something fresh and new with the possibility of climbing back up, even if it means actually making finals.

Doesn't matter to me. Either way, they will cease to be the Madison Scouts...whether they bow to the pressure to conform, or they slowly slide into complete irrelevance.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:36 AM, Madcityscout said:

I applaud the Madison staff for moving forward in thinking and design!  If you're not moving forward, you're standing still.  Bravo to Chris, Dan and the staff!! 

lol :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Drum corps is besieged by a lack of creativity and has been for years now. The radical shows we've seen the past few years don't dispute that, they actually prove my point. How do we know this? When the designers and corps leadership start lobbying for rule changes (amplified pit, any key instruments, nontraditional instrumentation, etc), that is a signal of a lack of creativity. At that point you are fundamentally changing the activity, not removing "constraints" on your astistic liscense. True creativity is being able to do the things you want to do within the constraints of the rules. Enlarging the window of what is acceptable isn't creative; It's the lazy way out. And DCI has been taking the easy way out for awhile.

This deserves its own thread and discussion. 

• Like 1