Madison Scouts 2017

2 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

If I had to guess I would say that it probably will be a change in look, style, etc. from the Scouts of the past. Obviously the old Madison was not relevant enough for what today's drum corps activity/crowd wanted. 

It's a shame because that's the Scouts I love :)

• Like 3

Just now, Whiskey said:

Their 78th and Madison show almost hit the nail on the head.  I was hoping they would expand on that type of repertoire. 

Honestly this show proved they could be their classic selves and still be competitive. It just takes good design. Nothing wrong with experimenting though, so we'll see what they come up with in this show.

I honestly think from the snippets that I have heard from the music that True Scouts' fans will love this musical book. I also would guess that visually and design wise they will be much better.

In the "Part 1" show teaser....am I the only one that read into it as describing the corps and not just the show, or not? Done on purpose? Coincide? Or am I being dumb and reading too much into the theme?

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Who else feels this show will be as depressing as h_ll?  Like the world isn't depressing enough. Let's do a Sally Jessy Raphael show. Sounds like some post apocalyptic depressing stuff.  Oh joy, rapture. Wonderful idea. 

I agree 100%. I want to see & hear Music & the arts that are uplifting & positive. I never understood why someone would enjoy the anger, darkness, violence & negativity of thrash metal & some rap. I prefer to smile & laugh, not frown & cry.

3 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I agree 100%. I want to see & hear Music & the arts that are uplifting & positive. I never understood why someone would enjoy the anger, darkness, violence & negativity of thrash metal & some rap. I prefer to smile & laugh, not frown & cry.

I think you'll smile this year, spats are being used!

• Like 1

I'm getting anxious for the Scouts show. Really wish something good would leak onto the Tube soon to hold me over.