Madison Scouts 2017

44 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

I learned a long time ago that merely "moving the line" didn't lead to being any less disappointed or frustrated.

You know if the Japanese Auto Industry would have had that attitude They would have never became the number one auto maker in the world today.  Imitation and then perfection to your own style that fits the modern industry/activity.

Edited by Madcityscout

15 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

DC3ES55XsAAZDqi.jpg

No shirts again...

Jealous here! ( To be that skinny again...)

Edited by jjeffeory
Clarifying idea.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

No shirts again...

Jealous here! ( To be that skinny again...)

So gloss black drums this year? That's a classy look every time. Maybe the new costume is just them going shirtless.

8 hours ago, swmstom said:

As a Scouts alum, I wish the superman suit would still be the thing. But I realize that to stay relevant and thrive in this activity, you have to adjust to the times. The dinosaur in me says "keep with tradition". But the realist in me wants the Scouts to once again be a corps that kids dream of marching instead of an afterthought or a stepping stone. Whether I, or other vets, like it or not, this is where we're at with DCI. And if you want to survive, you do what you have to. I'd rather my corps fall in line with what DCI has become and keep going than become irrelevant and ultimately shut down.

Thank you Sir!!! You get the point!!! I think that I might have marched Scouts with you. Did you play mellophone?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

What.... what is this?????

So obviously it's not the Scouts (give away being the drums aren't Yamaha), but does anyone know who this is?

6 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That's a winter line (MCM, right?) that did "The Hand of Man," which based on descriptions sounds very similar to Madison's show.

Mike

I wonder if Scouts at least partially based their show theme on MCM's show. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Madison Scouts: "Can I copy your homework?"

Music City Mystique: "Yeah, just make sure you change something so that it doesn't look like you copied it."

Hand_of_man_slide.jpg

2017-ShowGraphic-April-Final-Small.jpg

• Like 1