Madison Scouts 2017

9 hours ago, westcoastblue said:

And ladies and gentlemen, the Madison Scouts continue to eat their own! ...

Ease up on the broad brush there, WCB.  I'm an MS alum from the 70s/80s era.  This is exactly what I've been waiting for.  Something way, way out there yet still captures the core identity.  We always thought of ourselves as gypsies, nomads, rag-tag army, tribal, outsiders, not playing your game and you can't even judge us.  This fits perfectly.

I also like how they incorporated spats, neckerchief, sash and FDL.  When I marched, the uni was literally a Sears janitor suit with those elements added.  The tradition is still there, just a new expression.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, vferrera said:

Ease up on the broad brush there, WCB.  I'm an MS alum from the 70s/80s era.  This is exactly what I've been waiting for.  Something way, way out there yet still captures the core identity.  We always thought of ourselves as gypsies, nomads, rag-tag army, tribal, outsiders, not playing your game and you can't even judge us.  This fits perfectly.

I also like how they incorporated spats, neckerchief, sash and FDL.  When I marched, the uni was literally a Sears janitor suit with those elements added.  The tradition is still there, just a new expression.

Completely agree, Vince.  Another 80s alum here in full support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msesq said:

Completely agree, Vince.  Another 80s alum here in full support.

Its easy to rally around Corps that are winning. Its like fans in sports. Some are bandwagoners,. They are there when " their team " is winning, but then disappear when their team might be struggling a bit and really need them. I applaud those Madison fans that are with them during their transition yearss, as it only makes it sweeter for them when Madison rises up the ranks again... as they always do, in time. The bandwagoners be dammed. They'll come back like the lemmings that they are. They always do. Good luck to the Madison Scouts and to its loyal fans and alums. Can't wait to see them this summer. Sounds like they are on the verge of turning the corner.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, westcoastblue said:

And ladies and gentlemen, the Madison Scouts continue to eat their own! Predictable and sad. Pathetic and needless. It is the decades of inbreeding. Years and years of it.

What happened?  Did their drum major post something indiscreetly on twitter?

1 hour ago, vferrera said:

You are right. Too broad stroke, too much stereotyping of all. In my original post I did state that there were a few exceptions. That is perhaps also not true. There are probably a lot of  exceptions, I just never happen to meet those alumni for some reason. Thanks for supporting the members. It is about them. If they enjoy their program and feel competitive, we will always reap the benefits of that. 

Edited by westcoastblue
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What happened?  Did their drum major post something indiscreetly on twitter?

I see what you tried to do there. Unfortunately, it does not support any argument that you may be trying to make. 

100% serious question. In the day and age of colorful/not as colorful uniforms of a red green colorblind judge? To me this uniform blended perfectly with their pictures and made it hard to see it as a partially colorblind viewer. I can imagine a judge having problems far away if on same spectrum. 

5 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

I see what you tried to do there. Unfortunately, it does not support any argument that you may be trying to make. 

Nor does anything you post. I don't have to agree with BigBad, but I do agree with one thing he says - stay in your own lane. The Madison alumni can take care of things without the need for outside help. You have totally mischaracterized them. 

• Like 2

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Nor does anything you post. I don't have to agree with BigBad, but I do agree with one thing he says - stay in your own lane. The Madison alumni can take care of things without the need for outside help. You have totally mischaracterized them. 

Are you an alum?  Just curious.   I'm a Scouts and UW Band alum, and thinking you may be same given you're using a photo of Mike.