Madison Scouts 2017

I don't think that is a reason to be really nervous yet. The very first show out and they come out in a competitive spot to be a finalist corps this year. The early recaps indicate high VA, GE and Brass scores which is a great place to be as compared to recent years past. Lot of cleaning and polishing to do.

• Like 2

Having said that, I personally think that Chris, Dann and the staff are doing an excellent job in evaluating what to do for the organization to make the corps competitive in today's modern DCI.  And as far as grabbing a unique identity in this new modern drum corps era, there could be something there with this new "bad boys" of drum corps on the field to build on. I love it!!! Two thumbs up gentlemen!!!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, tedrick said:

I'm fascinated by the costuming - is the show more of a mad max vibe or more of a lord of the flies story?
There was a bit of a controversy in the Twin Cities this past June - the art museum thought a recreation of a gallows used in the Sioux uprising would be interesting - the Native American community did not appreciate it - will there be any similar reactions with the Scouts' costuming? Or isn't the show really attempting to emulate Native American culture?

Wearing Black sleeveless motorcycle jackets and biker boots...  More akin to Aussie Bikers as seen in George Miller's Mad Max, as stated by the designers. 
Tell me, why are you interjecting Twin Cities controversy into this?  Is this your home turf?
I have no idea how you connected a wildly popular Australian franchise to a controversy, George Miller managed to avoid for 3 decades?

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

is it because of feathers? 
Because feathers are all the rage in drum corps since 1930's. 

Edited by Cop

By the way, I'm seriously eating crow on my staging comments from the other day! I made that

judgement based on low angle poor quality photos. Having seen the show from higher up, the staging,

props, look of the corps and the visual all tie together beautifully! There's a real mood

to this show and once it gets clean, it will surprise a lot of people!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

By the way, I'm seriously eating crow on my staging comments from the other day! I made that

judgement based on low angle poor quality photos. Having seen the show from higher up, the staging,

props, look of the corps and the visual all tie together beautifully! There's a real mood

to this show and once it gets clean, it will surprise a lot of people!

Nine White Russians just curious in your thoughts.  Have you seen the show live and if so, what do you think of the musical book?

• Like 1

FINALLY!!!!!!! 

Got to see Madison's show.

where to begin???

Its just not Madison. From, the look to the sound. I'm not sure why the designers felt this would be the way for them to go. It's just not them. It feels and looks extremely uncomfortable. 

Its like someone stole their identity. It's just not the scouts. If you're going to completely rebrand, reinvent something it better be pretty bad #ss and this I'm sorry to say this is not. 

Maybe the captions are stronger? But there is no way that this is a better product then the corps has been putting out the last few years and they will be extremely lucky to remain in the Top 12. I'll take Judas over this any day. i really want to say something positive...I do. But after seeing the other corps in the 10-14 range I can't sugar coat it. 

I wish nothing but good luck to the men and hope they prove me wrong. 

Sorry everyone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

Having said that, I personally think that Chris, Dann and the staff are doing an excellent job in evaluating what to do for the organization to make the corps competitive in today's modern DCI.  And as far as grabbing a unique identity in this new modern drum corps era, there could be something there with this new "bad boys" of drum corps on the field to build on. I love it!!! Two thumbs up gentlemen!!!

Isn't there already another all male corps out there that would be considered the "bad boys" of dci?