Madison Scouts 2017

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

FINALLY!!!!!!! 

Got to see Madison's show.

where to begin???

Its just not Madison. From, the look to the sound. I'm not sure why the designers felt this would be the way for them to go. It's just not them. It feels and looks extremely uncomfortable. 

Its like someone stole their identity. It's just not the scouts. If you're going to completely rebrand, reinvent something it better be pretty bad #ss and this I'm sorry to say this is not. 

Maybe the captions are stronger? But there is no way that this is a better product then the corps has been putting out the last few years and they will be extremely lucky to remain in the Top 12. I'll take Judas over this any day. i really want to say something positive...I do. But after seeing the other corps in the 10-14 range I can't sugar coat it. 

I wish nothing but good luck to the men and hope they prove me wrong. 

Sorry everyone.

Dude, thats the point. Time to hit the reset button on "what is Madison".

• Like 1

There is another all male corps that is creative and masculine. But I wouldn't say they are the straight up "bad boys" of DCI. No, I think your opinion is off there a bit.  And Bozzly B you are exactly right, it was time to hit the reset button in my opinion and I think it is a great start!!! Two thumbs up for the Scout Staff!!!

A well-respected guard alum of the corps, who has served as the caption head of another top 5 corps, posted a VERY favorable review of the show on the Scouts Alumni FB page. I'll leave it at that, as I'm not comfortable taking something that was posted in a closed forum and posting it here without his permission.  Best review I've seen to date, and he knows the current state of the activity as well as anyone.  

Edited by msesq

I have not seen the show - or any others yet. I may buy the last month of flow marching just to confirm what I assume. I assume I won't see much that I like. I know I despise the "tribal" costumes and that the Madison Scouts have caved in to the "WGI-ing" of DCI. They were kinda my last hope out of the top corps but now it's all going to be broadway on a football field. That's fine for some and that's great but it's not for me. I will still make my yearly company matched donation because I think DCI is still a great experience for the marching members. It builds character and teaches the benefits of dedication. It makes kids better musicians. I just won't watch it anymore. If I see anything I like I may stick around. That's about as open minded as I can be at this point. 

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 3

This is the kind of show the scouts need. Won't max out early like several of the previous years and has serious room for development in all sections. Big step in the right direction.

• Like 5

Didn't think I'd like that show but have to admit I like both the costumes and uniforms. This from an admitted old fart whose son marched with Scouts. I know! I'm shocked too!

Oh, and go big or go home! Scouts went big!!

Edited by Rufus67

1 hour ago, Jluke897 said:

Thanks for posting. Not bad but it would be much better visually with last year's uniform. And now it's gone

Edited by SFZFAN
EDIT - Video has been taken down already.

Watched the video and won't say much of what I thought about the show to avoid the argument between little/big brother. I just think they should add narration to develop the stroyline and have everyone die at the end minus one member. Last man standing currently ends with 150 men standing. Probably going to change so not really a worry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jluke897 said:

Thanks for the link. The whole look is appealing; I don't mind the jump into something new. Not sure about some of the music. Some of it must appeal greatly to music majors and other expert brass folks. (I feel that way increasingly about a lot of show music, as if arrangers are putting out dissertations to impress professors while forgetting there are fans in the stands.) Didn't give me much to grab hold of in the video.

But it's just a video. I get to see them live Wednesday in Evansville and again Friday in Muncie. I'll be rooting for 'em.