Madison Scouts 2017

1 minute ago, geluf said:

Why is the sky falling *just now* for some people in this thread?

Madison's placements since 2007:

This isn't intended as an insult to Madison, but more to point out that this isn't some kind of breaking point for the corps. A couple of you are acting like the Madison world is ending because they aren't in the top 12 this year.

Like, where have you been?  Seriously.

Like, I'm seriously totally well aware of the Scouts history and Scouts placements. But, that doesn't, like, totally mean I can't be, like, disappointed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, henry7184 said:

It needs to be all burnt down, flooded with cleansing water, and rebuilt.

Yup. This should be the beginning of the end for this regime. Shame on them for this year's failed radical change and departure. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, geluf said:

Why is the sky falling *just now* for some people in this thread?

Madison's placements since 2007:

This isn't intended as an insult to Madison, but more to point out that this isn't some kind of breaking point for the corps. A couple of you are acting like the Madison world is ending because they aren't in the top 12 this year.

Like, where have you been?  Seriously.

Yes...but never two years in a row.  I still feel they'll get into finals...but this pattern is concerning.  

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Yup. This should be the beginning of the end for this regime. Shame on them for this year's failed radical change and departure. 

well. considering they've been digging out of the hole left by Sal for years, I dont think the Admin or BoD need to go.  And a radical change sometimes is needed to shake things up.  Otherwise stagnancy could be worse.   But the admin and BoD don't create the show, teach the work, or clean the feet.  They raise money.  And this group has had an uphill battle for over a decade to do that, and to eventually put the group back into the black.   And they will.  

But they barely touch the show.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

well. considering they've been digging out of the hole left by Sal for years, I dont think the Admin or BoD need to go.  And a radical change sometimes is needed to shake things up.  Otherwise stagnancy could be worse.   But the admin and BoD don't create the show, teach the work, or clean the feet.  They raise money.  And this group has had an uphill battle for over a decade to do that, and to eventually put the group back into the black.   And they will.  

But they barely touch the show.  

They need to be out there recruiting, because the talent level isn't anywhere near what it needs to be.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Like, I'm seriously totally well aware of the Scouts history and Scouts placements. But, that doesn't, like, totally mean I can't be, like, disappointed.

After last years waaaayyyyy over hyped show. How could the current administration let this happen again? Is the same program coordinator in control> A corps with no money, goes out and spends that much money on costumes that get lost in the field. Well yes, it is a sort of camouflage. Spent so much much $$ on dark un-understandable music and a monotone show. WOW. The administration needs to be changed as well as the yes man mentality of the bod. Now 12 points off the lead, hell they are 4 points from the 11th place corps.

You cant keep blaming this on Sal Salas. This administration has not paid down that debt and that hole is deeper than ever. For being a savy "business man" this corps is in the wrong hands. It all goes to the top. If Chris and Dan had no hand in the shows direction, they #### well should have. Because this is a mess right now. I guess SS was not so bad even though it was DCI that got together and let that happen.

S Stewart average placement 6

SSalas average placement 9

C Komnick average placement 11

I would say wrong direction

Edited by Old VA
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Old VA said:

After last years waaaayyyyy over hyped show. How could the current administration let this happen again? Is the same program coordinator in control> A corps with no money, goes out and spends that much money on costumes that get lost in the field. Well yes, it is a sort of camouflage. Spent so much much $$ on dark un-understandable music and a monotone show. WOW. The administration needs to be changed as well as the yes man mentality of the bod. Now 12 points off the lead, hell they are 4 points from the 11th place corps.

You cant keep blaming this on Sal Salas. This administration has not paid down that debt and that hole is deeper than ever. For being a savy "business man" this corps is in the wrong hands. It all goes to the top. If Chris and Dan had no hand in the shows direction, they #### well should have. Because this is a mess right now. I guess SS was not so bad even though it was DCI that got together and let that happen.

giphy.gif

KCM was the 2015 show coordinator.  Which was a pretty decent show.  Not sure why he wasnt there in 2016.  

But he's there now.  And Jack and Van aren't slouches for staff in visual and music coordination. 

Edited by C.Holland

1 hour ago, Old VA said:

Spot on Brother.