Madison Scouts 2017

30 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

KCM was the 2015 show coordinator.  Which was a pretty decent show.  Not sure why he wasnt there in 2016.  

But he's there now.  And Jack and Van aren't slouches for staff in visual and music coordination. 

Yeah, put together a top 13 show, dropped the identity of the corps and put a Volkswagen in the Indy 500!

The whole idea that the corps is in the right hands is a dream right now. Sorry , that's how I feel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old VA said:

After last years waaaayyyyy over hyped show. How could the current administration let this happen again? Is the same program coordinator in control> A corps with no money, goes out and spends that much money on costumes that get lost in the field. Well yes, it is a sort of camouflage. Spent so much much $$ on dark un-understandable music and a monotone show. WOW. The administration needs to be changed as well as the yes man mentality of the bod. Now 12 points off the lead, hell they are 4 points from the 11th place corps.

You cant keep blaming this on Sal Salas. This administration has not paid down that debt and that hole is deeper than ever. For being a savy "business man" this corps is in the wrong hands. It all goes to the top. If Chris and Dan had no hand in the shows direction, they #### well should have. Because this is a mess right now. I guess SS was not so bad even though it was DCI that got together and let that happen.

S Stewart average placement 6

SSalas average placement 9

C Komnick average placement 11

I would say wrong direction

What's Scott Stewart up to now? Just totally done with (junior) drum corps?

Could there every be a junior drum corps activity again that Scott Stewart would be interested in?

Edited by Hrothgar15

While I'm happy for the Mandarins on their accomplishment last night, I'm holding out hope that Madison makes a comeback. I think it can be done. The season doesn't end once San Antonio is over. Remember what happened last year with Boston? (Sorry for reminding you, Madison fans... But that could very well be the corps this season if they make all the right changes.)

8 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

What's Scott Stewart up to now? Just totally done with (junior) drum corps?

Could there every be a junior drum corps activity again that Scott Stewart would be interested in?

Living life. Working on the Scouts Alumni for Madi Gras, TOTALLY DONE!

Not ever, not with its current direction. Even the senior corps have fallen lockstep with the junior direction, so nope

I liked the audio atmospheric effects that were recently added to the start of the show -

now adding narration would definitely help tell the story -

also - the oxygen tanks are a key element to the show - then need to be a single very bright color so they pop out --- emphasizing that the story revolves around access to O2

If all else fails, new, PC non violent ending ala Crown 2016 -- ha ha!!

1 minute ago, Polonius said:

If all else fails, new, PC non violent ending ala Crown 2016 -- ha ha!!

No.

22 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

While I'm happy for the Mandarins on their accomplishment last night, I'm holding out hope that Madison makes a comeback. I think it can be done. The season doesn't end once San Antonio is over. Remember what happened last year with Boston? (Sorry for reminding you, Madison fans... But that could very well be the corps this season if they make all the right changes.)

Not only is the season over, the Academy will pass them up, too. Just watch. I know I seem really pessimistic, but if last year taught us anything it taught us to be realistic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old VA said:

After last years waaaayyyyy over hyped show. How could the current administration let this happen again? Is the same program coordinator in control> A corps with no money, goes out and spends that much money on costumes that get lost in the field. Well yes, it is a sort of camouflage. Spent so much much $$ on dark un-understandable music and a monotone show. WOW. The administration needs to be changed as well as the yes man mentality of the bod. Now 12 points off the lead, hell they are 4 points from the 11th place corps.

You cant keep blaming this on Sal Salas. This administration has not paid down that debt and that hole is deeper than ever. For being a savy "business man" this corps is in the wrong hands. It all goes to the top. If Chris and Dan had no hand in the shows direction, they #### well should have. Because this is a mess right now. I guess SS was not so bad even though it was DCI that got together and let that happen.

S Stewart average placement 6

SSalas average placement 9

C Komnick average placement 11

I would say wrong direction

Spot on. It wasn't so much about changing the corps identity than changing the design. They could have come out with a jazzy show and done a modern design. Modern design doesn't mean esoteric music. Look at Bluecoats.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Prsmpower4 said:

Scouts under Mandarins in brass?  WTF?  Certainly not good for future recruiting.   This is the Scouts for crap sake....Brass!!!!

^^^^^this