Madison Scouts 2017

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I'm not buying the hype on the Mandarins. They are, obviously, much better than they've ever been and with JW at the helm I only see them getting better and better. I just don't agree with them being over Madison or Academy.

100% honest I say it's the academy effect. They play a song that's memorable (Sound of Silence), they are new to the tier, accessible show design. 

• Like 4

Edited by Jim Schehr

Scouts program director as well as the admi staff should embarrased for giving those hard working kids a turd to work with. And everyone knows you cant polish a turd. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old VA said:

Scouts program director as well as the admi staff should embarrased for giving those hard working kids a turd to work with. And everyone knows you cant polish a turd. 

Grow up. The Scouts have a ######## show this year and it's only gonna get better for the next three weeks. 

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Scouts were terrific tonight. They looked very sharp live and the audience bought into it. It's different. In the context of a long, big show all afternoon and evening, Madison stood out.

And that's what forging an identity is all about. The End. 

Also, this show is making Finals. Mandarins had one hell of a run, and Madison STILL cut down the gap to a minuscule 0.3. Madison has all the momentum right now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

And that's what forging an identity is all about. The End. 

Also, this show is making Finals. Mandarins had one hell of a run, and Madison STILL cut down the gap to a minuscule 0.3. Madison has all the momentum right now.

I hope you are correct, i honestly do !

It pains me to say this, but this years Scouts show is the least entertaining & the least interesting show that I have ever seen from Madison. I first saw the Scouts in 1973. This years effort is a huge swing & a miss. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

It pains me to say this, but this years Scouts show is the least entertaining & the least interesting show that I have ever seen from Madison. I first saw the Scouts in 1973. This years effort is a huge swing & a miss. 

Not as bad as last year.! Admin group should be re evaluated. Is making finals an actual goal? 

Madison and Mandarins only go head to head three times (Birmingham, Winston-Salem and Rome) before quarterfinals so it is going to be difficult to judge who is improving the most. I think Madison has the show that can beat the Mandarins but it will be close.  Can Mandarins handle the pressure over the next three weeks?

• Like 1