Madison Scouts 2017

9 minutes ago, Old VA said:

Not as bad as last year.! Admin group should be re evaluated. Is making finals an actual goal? 

Yes making finals is the goal of most World Class corps.   Benefits afforded the top twelve corps are huge.   Helps with recruiting and tour selection.  Most Executive Directors and Corps Directors are on multi year employment contracts so reevaluation of the Admin group may  not be an option.

Keep pushing Madison Scouts. Out of 23 Corps, no other Corps had a bigger jump in score tonite than you guys ( 2.125)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

It pains me to say this, but this years Scouts show is the least entertaining & the least interesting show that I have ever seen from Madison. I first saw the Scouts in 1973. This years effort is a huge swing & a miss. 

I mean, I know we all blocked out Relampago from our collective memories, but... 

• Like 5

This is certainly a finals level show.  Based on the scores, it needs Music GE.  So...Scouts' staff....plug some flipping GE in there and you'll be fine...and in the top 12!  IMO, I would make the fleur section LOUD (park and blow) like 1997 and 1999.  The build up to the formation of the fleur is amazing...and then nothing.   The move into the fleur is cool but is begging for more.  Closer needs the same level of help.  I would also ditch the bombastic perc at the beginning of the show.  Let the horns do the Pilence Pee alone.  Take advantage of the enclosed stadium echo.

Just some thoughts... 

Edited by Prsmpower4
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Prsmpower4 said:

This is certainly a finals level show.  Based on the scores, it needs Music GE.  So...Scouts' staff....plug some flipping GE in there and you'll be fine...and in the top 12!  IMO, I would make the fleur section LOUD (park and blow) like 1997 and 1999.  The build up to the formation of the fleur is amazing...and then nothing.   The move into the fleur is cool but is begging for more.  Closer needs the same level of help.  I would also ditch the bombastic perc at the beginning of the show.  Let the horns do the Pilence Pee alone.  Take advantage of the enclosed stadium echo.

Just some thoughts... 

The fleur is also impossible to see except up high. I've watched live four times, and only in Minneapolis did I catch it. (And it is gone fast.) Sat with some Scouts parents and alumni last night and several of them did not know of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prsmpower4 said:

Scouts!!!!  Going to pass up Blue Stars....just sayin'!

Just once or twice..

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1