Madison Scouts 2017

Do not feed the troll. I repeat, do not feed the troll. This has been a public service announcement.

• Like 2

For those who are interested, or haven't seen the show yet or in a while, here is their rehearsal run from the day before SA.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3

The finale,  new drill after the closing timpani section, it's aggressive and demanding.  Very good indeed. 

the camera angle is too low in the clip :-((

I didn't want to share this clip because the corps is really "tired" and not so good a run.

The only way is Up from this clip-

Edited by Cop
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For those who are interested, or haven't seen the show yet or in a while, here is their rehearsal run from the day before SA. (And yes, I know, the shouting staff member is/are really annoying.)

Thanks for the post. I saw them in SA, loved there show. It grows on you. I'm also beginning to think it's actually a more coherent show than a lot of others I've seen this tour.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

You completely misread me. FlamMan was saying this show was the least entertaining and interesting show Madison had ever done, and I STRONGLY disagreed with him. I happened to point out a universally disliked show in response, to point out how absurd he was being.

I love Scouts. My best friend marched Scouts. My brother marched Scouts. I was a final cut from my section for Scouts and am still friends with many members of that year's corps. I will NEVER be a hater of the Madison Scouts. Do not mistake me for anything even resembling a hater of ANY corps. 

I am sorry!  I am new to this site and apparently I replied to you instead of the original comment maker.  Will exercise more caution going forward.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kk4travel said:

I am sorry!  I am new to this site and apparently I replied to you instead of the original comment maker.  Will exercise more caution going forward.  

Thanks for apologizing to @MotoSurfBass. And welcome to DCP! Hope you are enjoying a terrifically competitive and entertaining tour. (Plus, the Scouts surprising show.)

One thing nice about DCP is that posts almost always avoid getting personal. It isn't universal, but it is a quality way more prevalent here than on many other forum sites for various interests, social causes, and politics. Even if we passionately disagree with someone, a simple "I disagree" does the trick. I hope we would all need to really know a poster very well - personally, or their history of posting - before suggesting they are a hater of some kind. (And can we ever really know enough in an online forum to accuse someone of genuine hate?)

While on the topic - and acknowledging this as totally off target in the Scouts thread - I also like that on DCP no one harshly jumps on anyone for misspellings or an occasional grammar error. Those things happen frequently when we're in a rush, or when posting from a phone at a show, or when just not seeing what Android or iOS do as an auto-correct. I expect better in my students' case analyses, but not so much here on DCP.

As always, others may have different perspectives on these things.

Back to the bold and manly Scouts 2017!

Edited by mjoakes
  • Like 3

Just curious in your opinion, since it is a modern, progressive DCI show, why do you think it is garbage?

1 minute ago, Madcityscout said:

Just curious in your opinion, since it is a modern, progressive DCI show, why do you think it is garbage?

Probably because it isn't scoring well. They'd change their tune if the Scouts were scoring like BAC. The scores are coloring their view of the show imo

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

Never said garbage, just not entertaining and not a show to build on for the next years run. I at first did not like the costumes, then decided, ok, lets go with this, get on board and see where this goes and actually talked myself into liking them. The show just does not have that many big spots. Its all kind of monotone esp about half way through to the end. Not an entertaining show like the rest of the top 12. Madison is really not that relevant any more. Even though in the past they did not win, people would still say "yes, But Madison was on fire, They were entertaining as heck"! Now after the top 6 starts, Madison is out of the conversation. And for all the people that still cling to the scores don't matter to us are fooling themselves. You can say scores don't matter when you blow the crowd away and you are the most entertaining and you are in the fight. But, when you don't make finals and aren't the crowds favorite entertainer, the scores matter a whole heck of a lot. I think that the jump from the traditional to where they are now, although courageous, did not pay off, could have done 12 or 13 by staying the course. Now identity is lost/changed and in limbo. Face it, the show scores what it deserves. Bottom of the pile. Just not what Madison is about in my opinion. This saddens me because I take pride in being from Madison. I sat back last year and did not say 1 word to anyone. This is not good, definitely the wrong direction in the last few years for sure.

• Like 1