Madison Scouts 2017

17 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Take a ####### chill pill, man.

Reminds me of when I ate at one of the local pubs all the alumni were at back when they did the alumni project.  I love the Scouts and their history but that about sums up what I heard that day too. I'll just leave it at that but that has always had a lasting impression on me. I love the passion and the dedication the alumni have toward their wonderful organization. For me, I donate to my corps and stay the heck out of the way of what admin, board and staff decide.  It's seemed to work out well over the years.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Reminds me of when I ate at one of the local pubs all the alumni were at back when they did the alumni project.  I love the Scouts and their history but that about sums up what I heard that day too. I'll just leave it at that but that has always had a lasting impression on me. I love the passion and the dedication the alumni have toward their wonderful organization. For me, I donate to my corps and stay the heck out of the way of what admin, board and staff decide.  It's seemed to work out well over the years.  

What the heck does this mean? What are you trying to say?

8 hours ago, Old VA said:

Madison Not making finals is a MAJOR FAILURE! And the marching members, my Brothers expect to make finals, because they have historically been there and had exciting, entertaining shows. Pioneer not making finals is the norm. those kids do not expect to either. This pc BS that everyone is a winner and should all get a nice brown participation award is out of touch. This is Still a competition! the higher you place, the better players you get the next year to build with, the more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you get. Yes, all in the same league, Then not in the same tier as BD, SCV and the others. Semantics. Their are 3  or more ties in the top 12. Say it how you will, right now Madison is not even near the middle tier of the top 12. They are inching further and further away. Changes need to be made. I have been around Drum Corps for a long time. This my opinion, don't judge me,  I know entertaining, this is NOT entertaining to me.

Image result for thread gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Old VA said:

Madison Not making finals is a MAJOR FAILURE! And the marching members, my Brothers expect to make finals, because they have historically been there and had exciting, entertaining shows. Pioneer not making finals is the norm. those kids do not expect to either. This pc BS that everyone is a winner and should all get a nice brown participation award is out of touch. This is Still a competition! the higher you place, the better players you get the next year to build with, the more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you get. Yes, all in the same league, Then not in the same tier as BD, SCV and the others. Semantics. Their are 3  or more ties in the top 12. Say it how you will, right now Madison is not even near the middle tier of the top 12. They are inching further and further away. Changes need to be made. I have been around Drum Corps for a long time. This my opinion, don't judge me,  I know entertaining, this is NOT entertaining to me.

200_d.gif

• Like 1

Anyone see the GE scores on visual at Hattiesburg? Scouts topped BK. I'm sure there are judging panel and other issues that matter (and that I don't know that much about). But regardless, someone is giving the show some GE attention. Or the show is earning some GE attention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Anyone see the GE scores on visual at Hattiesburg? Scouts topped BK. I'm sure there are judging panel and other issues that matter (and that I don't know that much about). But regardless, someone is giving the show some GE attention. Or the show is earning some GE attention.

They're in a conundrum... They've been very competitive musically, but seem to be lacking in the musical GE department. Conversely, they have been KILLING it lately in the visual GE scores, but their visual caption scores have been dragging them down all year. So everything that is clean is not effective and the stuff that's effective is not clean.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

They're in a conundrum... They've been very competitive musically, but seem to be lacking in the musical GE department. Conversely, they have been KILLING it lately in the visual GE scores, but their visual caption scores have been dragging them down all year. So everything that is clean is not effective and the stuff that's effective is not clean.

So let's clean the effective stuff then!!!

• Like 2