Madison Scouts 2017

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Is he an alumni? Seems to be a Cavaliers fan. Perhaps he's a Cavies alum. I don't know.

Oh you may be right. Just the way he worded the post made him sound like an alum. Sickening regardless

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Oh you may be right. Just the way he worded the post made him sound like an alum. Sickening regardless

Agreed. I have problems keeping my mouth shut and thinking before I type and hit "submit reply" but I want every corps to be successful. It only makes things more fun and interesting. I'd love to see a day where you could finish 1st in quarterfinals and 14th in semifinals. That would have everyone on pins and needles and would be so fun.

• Like 1

I feel certain that the VAST MAJORITY of Scouts alumni support this 2017 edition of the corps...that goes with being a MADISON SCOUT!

And that support will be very apparent when you see the reception they will receive on Thursday, Friday AND SATURDAY nights in Indy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MikeN said:

LSU there doesn't like anything about modern drum corps (which seems to include about the last 15 years).  I'm not sure why he still watches, listens or goes.

Mike

To complain about it on DCP, probably. I can't think of any other justifiable reason.

1 hour ago, LSU GRAD 82 said:

Those Uni's are an ultra embarrassment to the organization.

Karma's a #####. What goes around comes around.

Hope they don't make Finals in those "Rio Carnival" get ups.   

Couldn't believe what I was seeing on the field in Hattiesburg last night at the Marching Musical Theater and Yoga show. 

Grow up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LSU GRAD 82 said:

Karma's a #####. What goes around comes around.

So are you saying that the members of the Madison Scouts will have to come back in the next life to

atone for their sins committed in this one?  Because that's the actual definition of Karma. Or do you want revenge of some kind? Because

when you say "What goes around comes around", that sounds like they did something to you, and you want "Karma" to get back at them. 

Oh, I know what happened. One of them stole your girlfriend. That explains everything!

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I'd love to see a day where you could finish 1st in quarterfinals and 14th in semifinals. That would have everyone on pins and needles and would be so fun.

If a Corps went from 1st in Quarterfinals ( won it ), went to 14th in Semifinals, thus failing to make Finals, that sure would make for interesting discussions here on DCP, no doubt about it. Will this ever happen ? Well, i think we know the answer to that.

The closest to something like this occuring ever in DCI  was in the mid 70's when a Canadian Corps ( De La Salle Oaklands ? ) finished 1st in Percussion in Prelims ( they won Drums ! ), but that entire Percussion section had to watch Finals from the stands along with the rest of their Corps, as their Corps overall failed to make Finals. They finiished 14th I believe in the Prelims.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2