Madison Scouts 2017

9 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Well thus far, the crowd reception to this show has been crickets.

Hahahahahahaha! From the streams/videos I've seen, that is sooooo far from the truth it physically hurts! The only people I see disliking it or sitting on their hands are the old heads who still want symmetrical drill and ungrounded pit.

3 hours ago, Old VA said:

I my opinion that is way off. I believe that the Alumni whole heartedly support the Corp. but do not support this show musically and or esp visually.

I know several alumni who absolutely LOVE this show and acknowledged that Madison needed a change of pace. I understand those that are adverse to change, especially one as strong as this one, but I would bet that more alumni support this show than don't.

3 hours ago, Old VA said:

I thought this might be a wild and crazy show, which to wear that type of costume it would have to be. But the show to me really just lays there. really no WTF moments. 

As mentioned above, it is a tad monolithic musically, which is why it is getting slaughtered in GE2 right now despite being rather technically proficient (They beat the Crossmen in percussion last night!). And the visual is well designed, just not executed at the level it needs to be. So the solution is simple: tweak the music to be more effective, and cleanCleanCLEAN!!! the visual up.

Beating Mandarins head-to-head last night is a good start and a shot in the arm for the Men of Madison. Here's hoping they keep up the pace and catch up to the tier above them!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Well thus far, the crowd reception to this show has been crickets.

Maybe some places. In San Antonio, the crowd reaction was pretty good.

• Like 2

The show is really coming together and gaining steam. I'm really starting to love it!

One very minor criticism. They changed the color of the Fluer-De-Lis that sits center field. It's definitely

is visible now, but that flat bright red clashes with the overall color palette of the show. I would change it to a

slightly more warm tone of red and add either a slight gradient to it, or some type of subtle texture.

Because right now, it kind of feels out of place.

Other than that, this show is becoming an amazing piece of work! Keep the pedal to the medal guys!

GO MAD MEN!!!

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Hahahahahahaha! From the streams/videos I've seen, that is sooooo far from the truth it physically hurts! The only people I see disliking it or sitting on their hands are the old heads who still want symmetrical drill and ungrounded pit.

You must be exhausted from attacking all the straw men you've built in this thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

You must be exhausted from attacking all the straw men you've built in this thread.

Maybe I had a bit of hyperbole with the "symmetrical drill and ungrounded pit" comment, but to say that the response to the show has been crickets is simply incorrect.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Maybe I had a bit of hyperbole with the "symmetrical drill and ungrounded pit" comment, but to say that the response to the show has been crickets is simply incorrect.

Saying that people who don't care for the show are (a) old or (b) resistant to change kinda makes me ignore your posts.  Disagree without being disagreeable. - John Wooden

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Saying that people who don't care for the show are (a) old or (b) resistant to change kinda makes me ignore your posts.  Disagree without being disagreeable. - John Wooden

Up to that post, I only said that those people who are like that were the ones who didn't like the show. As I said, it was hyperbole and wrong of me to insinuate that anybody and everybody who didn't like the show was one of those people. 

• Like 1

A lot of great reviews and praise for The Men tonight. And widened that margin with Mandarins. Keep pushing, brothers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, swmstom said:

A lot of great reviews and praise for The Men tonight. And widened that margin with Mandarins. Keep pushing, brothers.

First time watching the show on Flo, high cam. Have seen it several times live. It was just excellent tonight. So impressed with the drill design and with the quality of execution. The guard was great. This is really a difficult, but cool show to pull off.

• Like 1

As much as I love Mandarins show Madison Scouts has grown hugely on me and #### they're getting clean.  They don't look or sound like a corps that's fighting for finals, that's a testament to how good everyone is.  Either show is a great addition to the top 12, and I feel like I know which way this might go.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1