Madison Scouts 2017

9 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Not sure what you meant here but this is the first year I can remember ever truly completely disliking a Madison show. Even relampago was better than this even though I hated those uniforms as well. . 

Relampago was not even close to this show.  Now, with that said, this show is not close to being a fan favorite...but it is ballsy (if that's appropriate) and I appreciate that.  Hopefully they can grow from this.   Also...I think it's odd that there aren't many videos on YouTube.  Don't know if that's meaningful in any way.  

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why so many people don't like thus show? Is it the type of music, costume, theme or what? I like the innovative costumes, I love dissonant, powerful music. I personally think every now and then there needs to be a change from the typical beautiful, sweet, and  melodic butterflies and sunshine. Gotta appreciate the villains and bad boys every now and then. Just my personal opinion.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

I'm curious as to why so many people don't like thus show? Is it the type of music, costume, theme or what? I like the innovative costumes, I love dissonant, powerful music. I personally think every now and then there needs to be a change from the typical beautiful, sweet, and  melodic butterflies and sunshine. Gotta appreciate the villains and bad boys every now and then. Just my personal opinion.

For me personally I wasn't seeing what I was hearing - the music didn't sound "savage" enough with the image they were trying to portray. The last I saw the show was on flomarching at Night Beat, so they've improved some since. The show seemed to be plagued with the same issues many in the lower 12 and lower range and meanders a little bit despite the talent. I was on the half that liked the costumes, but you really gotta sell it or it's just playing dress up.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

I think I just don't like 12 minutes of the same feel...It just feels like 12 minutes of angry to me, but the show has grown on me a ton in the last week. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, Madcityscout said:

I remember Scott Stewart giving us a talk right before we went on the field in Miami for DCI Finals in 1983.  He told us with the classical opener, white Eisenhower uniforms, different visual program, etc. the scores didn't truly reflect the uniqueness of that show. He said that in the future the recordings and videos would bare witness to the innovation of that show. I feel the same about the 2017 Scouts. History will show regardless of placement that this show was one of the most innovative shows in DCI for 2017. Granted some people may not like the theme, music, etc. But everyone is different and has different tastes. Personally I love this show! In my opinion it was a shock to the system and under appreciated. Bravo Madison!!! 2017 Trailblazers!!! No matter what anyone does there will always be naysayers. Just stay above the fray and do what ever is necessary for the times or you will no longer be relevant, period!

Sorry Dude, 11 min of angry does nothing. no real highs or lows. The costume up close is really cool. However, from the stands looks all brown with a little yellow. pretty much camouflage. I love the Scouts, but this show is just OK at best. How do they carry that costume for next year? Another 11 min of angry? or scrap and go new direction?  

3 hours ago, Old VA said:

Sorry Dude, 11 min of angry does nothing. no real highs or lows. The costume up close is really cool. However, from the stands looks all brown with a little yellow. pretty much camouflage. I love the Scouts, but this show is just OK at best. How do they carry that costume for next year? Another 11 min of angry? or scrap and go new direction?  

I'm sure the costume is a one year and done kind of thing. I like this show leaps and bounds better than last years. It's really grown on me a lot throughout the season. I will probably watch all of finals, but I'm probably only watching Madison and SCV during semis.

• Like 3

Maybe a futuristic Waterworld  show could be in order next!

• Like 1