2017 PREDICTIONS!

3 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I just made it up. The posts here do have an Super Bowl office pool quality about them.

But hey, maybe there is some creative way to recognize anyone predicting the top 12 perfectly. :whistle: 

It would be fun, but I seriously doubt that anyone would ever get it completely correct. It's never happened before.

1 hour ago, selbywill said:

Colts head of design, Howard Weinstein (excuse my misspelling, and I'm a bit too lazy to check on if I'm remembering his name incorrectly) seems very excited and confident with the direction Colts are moving and they've never been far from finals, 

Welcome SW to DCP.  You can insert any corps for "Colts" and any staff for "Howard W." from any DCI corps and just about never hear or read about a negative thing about their corps, especially during the off season.

7 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I dont know how you would organize it.  If we do it Im playing SUPER safe (sorry SCV, not sure youre gonna medal)

I tried compiling and analyzing a few years back. The problem I found was that there were a number of posts where people would only list a few placements, or they would put something like:

12. 27th Lancers/Star/VK

Which made it difficult.

Maybe there could be a cut off date, like the first show. Then the only predictions accepted would be ones that are clear cut, 1-12 with one corps for each position. Then average and figure out where things fall.

BoaDci, interested in taking that on? You're very active on here, and I think you might enjoy?

Well, if it's going to be a competition...

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Crossmen

11. Madison Scouts

12. Blue Stars

Rational: Starting from the bottom, I think that Academy deserves a lot of credit, but it was their first time coming into finals, and I think Madison will fight tooth and nail for that spot. I think Boston will be really good, but I'm not sure they'll jump more than four places. I think that there's a chance they swap places with Phantom on this list, but that it'll be tough for them to get past BK.

SCV has its 50th anniversary, but in terms of performance, they've been hovering around 5th for a pretty long time now. I don't see them going any higher than 3rd. Not because they aren't great, but because there are a LOT of great corps gunning for 1st. It's cool that out of the top 4/5 or so, I genuinely have no idea who'll come out on top.

A lot of people rank Cadets low, but we have to remember it was their first time in a decade or two not being in top 5. It would be incredible if Hop let them slip any more. Worst case for them, I think, SCV knocks them into 5th again, but Cavaliers will have a hard time following up on their show from last year (in my headspace) and it was a combination of a fantastic year for them and a terrible year for Cadets that let Cavies naggle past.

Bluecoats aren't going to win again with the same show from the last 3 years. At least, I hope not.

From what Crown junkies are saying, the staff changes haven't hurt them. If I were to change them on this list, I'd either put them in first or 3rd/4th. Having the new staff is either going to be really good for them, or there will be a few bumps this season as they find a new identity (it occurs to me that Jeff Sacktig's signature style is very different from what Crown usually puts out. I can see that causing issues for them).

Rule #1, Blue Devils win.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Really would loved to see SCV in there....here are my "risky" top 16

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Crown

4. Bloo

5. Cadets

6. PR

7. Cavies

8. Boston

9. BK

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. BDB

13. Madison

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Troopers

Man...that finals bubble is tough.

BDB has been predicted to make finals at some point for about four years now, and it's not out of the realm of possibility, and if any organization could make it happen, it would be Blue Devils, but it could also backfire. The rivalry that could well up in the organization could tear it apart. Some have said, and I think I tend to agree that if Blue Devils wanted two corps in finals, it would have happened by now, and that might not be what the organization wants. That being said, if I am sitting in my seat at prelims and at about 2PM a score is announced that is the top of the Open Class competitors, which most likely will be BDB, and it is not until 7:30 PM while corps are being broadcast in cinemas that that score is topped, and they maintain that place the following night, it would be exciting. 

• Like 2

On January 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM, BoaDci said:

Oh yea I forgot about Crown shake up.  I have not been up to date.  I don't know why I keep getting a quote for this?  I am not quoting anyone.