2017 PREDICTIONS!

Here's my somewhat bold and completely meaningless prediction...

1) SCV

2) Crown

3) BD

4) Bloo

5) Cavies

6) BK

7) Cadets

8) Madison

9) Blue Stars

10) Phantom

11) Crossmen

12) Boston

13) BDB

14) Academy

15) Troopers

16) Colts

17) Oregon Crusaders

• Like 1

I predict there will be a gold, silver, and bronze winner :cheer:

This gets really hard for me from 5th - 10th.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the really tight grouping that was 7th - 9th (Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Blue Stars) in 2016 expand up and down some.  I don't see a ton of reason to move any of them down any and could see more than a few below them move up.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

This gets really hard for me from 5th - 10th.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the really tight grouping that was 7th - 9th (Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Blue Stars) in 2016 expand up and down some.  I don't see a ton of reason to move any of them down any and could see more than a few below them move up.  

The finals bubble is almost harder than GN;)

14 hours ago, BoaDci said:

The finals bubble is almost harder than GN;)

The thing about GN and BOA in general is that it feels more random as groups can do so different year to years, band can drop or rise 15 places in a year where as in DCI those showing up is consistent, in all likelihood Bluecoats don't drop out of top 5 in the worst case scenarios. The biggest drop of recent I can think of is Phantom dropping 1st to 9th which was pretty extreme.

23 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

The thing about GN and BOA in general is that it feels more random as groups can do so different year to years, band can drop or rise 15 places in a year where as in DCI those showing up is consistent, in all likelihood Bluecoats don't drop out of top 5 in the worst case scenarios. The biggest drop of recent I can think of is Phantom dropping 1st to 9th which was pretty extreme.

Well I think even more recently is Crown 

1st to 5th

2 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Well I think even more recently is Crown 

1st to 5th

Exactly, that is considered crazy that number 1 dropped to number 5 where in BOA people are already saying Carmel won't make top 5 and their arguments are pretty believable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

Exactly, that is considered crazy that number 1 dropped to number 5 where in BOA people are already saying Carmel won't make top 5 and their arguments are pretty believable.

We should continue this on the BOA forum, but right now I think it will be

1. Broken Arrow

2. Flower Mound

3. William Mason

4. The Woodlands

5. Avon

6. Carmel