2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Me too, Jurassic Lancer.... mostly its "The New Math" course I'm taking that prompts this prediction from me. Whats your excuse ? ( lol!)

Day drinking.

• Like 2

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Day drinking.

Sounds like more fun than taking " The New Math " course during the day anyway. ( haha!)

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:38 PM, wesleyrp said:

Ridiculously early predictions? BDB comes close to finals and then falls short, Academy stays in, Boston, Madison, BDB and Troop duke it out for finals. SCV wins in their 50th, Cadets placement woes continues

1) SCV

2) Crown

3) BD

4) Bluecoats

5) Cavies

6) Blue Knights

7) Cadets

8) Phantom

9) BStars

10) Academy

11) Crossmen

12) Madison

13) BDB

14) Boston

15) Troopers

Its never too early or too late when it comes to placement predictions, imo

Who do you guys think is a corps that no one is even considering making the top 5, but has the best chance? 

I really like the Blue Knights and Phantom Regiment. I'm not saying they will be in the top 5 by any means, but these are two corps outside the top 5 that I think have the best chance to shock everyone.

Just now, CaviesFan17 said:

Who do you guys think is a corps that no one is even considering making the top 5, but has the best chance? 

The Cadets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

The Cadets.

Well, I think most reasonable people consider the Cadets a threat to the top 5.  

Edited by CaviesFan17

I just don't know how Crown is going to perform this year.

You have Blue Devils, who haven't been below 5th place since 1975. 
Blue Coats, who have become the talk of the town in the last 3 years.
Cadets, they are struggling to find an identity it seems. 
Cavaliers, who seem like they are starting to find that swag they are known for..
Santa Clara, who I feel like is always underrated as they put on spectacles of shows. 
and then you have Crown, who has, IMO, the best brass line in DCI, arguably the best guard, but had a few changes this off season. We can say it's not a big thing, but the Cavaliers went from 3rd place to 8th place in 2011-2012 due to changes. I know they were different changes, but still. This is still going to be my top 6 (not in any specific order) because I think these are the 6 best drum corps right now. I also can't predict the future though, for all we know Phantom Regiment is getting ready to blow our minds this summer. lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaviesFan17 said:

I just don't know how Crown is going to perform this year.

It's a valid questiion. IMO it's balancing what they lost with what they gained and retained.   

I of course say Crown came out ahead.  Better visual design and a guard staff that has both more experience overall while injecting some very fresh design. 

All written to the best soundtrack in DCI.  Many say it's all about the visual (or even guard). But that visual design was written against a soundtrack.  Give a great guard an less effective musical program and you'll get a less effective visual program.  Music still inspires and drives the overall design.  

We shall see what happens. 

I get the comparison to Cavies.  But I don't think the comparison holds up. Different folks , different situation, and different incoming talent.   

• Like 1