2017 PREDICTIONS!

On 3/1/2017 at 8:20 PM, flammaster said:

I predict that people are going to be surprised what BD does this year.  It's very different from their normal style in a good way.

Tease

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Some Corps will place higher than 2016

Some Corps will place lower than 2016

Some Corps will place about the same as 2016

or as DCP poster Jeff Ream predicts.. ( unless its a tie ).. " the Corps with the highest score at Finals will win " too.

Couple bold-ish predictions (one objective, one subjective):

1. The finalists will stay the same group of corps but will see a lot of placement shuffling especially in the bottom half.

2. Genesis will have the most entertaining program of the non finalists.

Edited by brassdude6171
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

. Genesis will have the most entertaining program of the non finalists.

lots of great future potential for this Corps, imo. If they are entertaining as you predict they will be, that'll be frosting on the cake.

10 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

. The finalists will stay the same group of corps but will see a lot of placement shuffling especially in the bottom half.

I look for the Madison Scouts to bounce back this season and make Finals. Since the inception of DCI in 1972, the Scouts have never had back to back seasons in which they have failed to make Finals 2 seasons in a row. The  3 years they failed to make Finals before last season( 2002, 2007, 2009) they moved up an average of 4.5 placement positions too. Last season, they were ranked 10th to 12th for much of the season, before peaking perhaps too soon. In 2002 ( 14th ), 2007( 15th) and 2009 ( 15th ), Madison had to come back and return to Finals the following seasons from further back than last season's 13th place finish too. In 2003 Madison moved up from 14th to 8th.... in 2008, from 15th to 12th..... and in 2010, from 15th to 10th. So there is a history here with the Madison Scouts rebounding strongly in the rare seasons in which they find themselves out of Finals on Finals Night at the DCI Championships. That's just one more reason that some of us find this 2017 season to be perhaps the most intriguing in years.... and heck, while we are at it, lets not forget the Troopers chances of rebounding strongly perhaps too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I look for the Madison Scouts to bounce back this season and make Finals. Since the inception of DCI in 1972, the Scouts have never had back to back seasons in which they have failed to make Finals 2 seasons in a row. The  3 years they failed to make Finals before last season( 2002, 2007, 2009) they moved up an average of 4.5 placement positions too. Last season, they were ranked 10th to 12th for much of the season, before peaking perhaps too soon. In 2002 ( 14th ), 2007( 15th) and 2009 ( 15th ), Madison had to come back and return to Finals the following seasons from further back than last season's 13th place finish too. In 2003 Madison moved up from 14th to 8th.... in 2008, from 15th to 12th..... and in 2010, from 15th to 10th. So there is a history here with the Madison Scouts rebounding strongly in the rare seasons in which they find themselves out of Finals on Finals Night at the DCI Championships. That's just one more reason that some of us find this 2017 season to be perhaps the most intriguing in years.... and heck, while we are at it, lets not forget the Troopers chances of rebounding strongly perhaps too.

I firmly believe in their ability to bounce back I just don't see a finalist falling out. And in my eyes, Troopers wont make finals until they find a sense of unpredictability in their design because every time I see a Troopers announcement there's always the same reaction from me: yep that's Troopers. It's good and well that they've found an identity and that they pull it off pretty well every year, I just think they need some more diverse ideas. 

So between the packed group of finalists and Troopers' predictability (imo) I don't see either corps making it in. 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I'll say this...I've spent some time at camps, and I think you're completely correct. Granted, I'm a super fan when it comes to Madison, as an alum, so my opinion may not be respected on the subject due to that. 

That being said, I think the 2016 corps was very talented, and I truly loved the show, but there were design issues that many in the judging community could not get past that led to them being 13th in 2016. 

I believe 2017 will shock and surprise people in the best of ways, and that the corps will come back with a vengeance. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

I'll say this...I've spent some time at camps, and I think you're completely correct. Granted, I'm a super fan when it comes to Madison, as an alum, so my opinion may not be respected on the subject due to that. 

That being said, I think the 2016 corps was very talented, and I truly loved the show, but there were design issues that many in the judging community could not get past that led to them being 13th in 2016. 

I believe 2017 will shock and surprise people in the best of ways, and that the corps will come back with a vengeance. 

Once again, I predict this will be true because I want it to be.

More seriously, it's great to hear from tesmusic (and another poster or two?) when they reference hearing some of the music or visiting the Madison camp. Tidbits of evidence to get excited about.