2017 PREDICTIONS!

34 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Once again, I predict this will be true because I want it to be.

More seriously, it's great to hear from tesmusic (and another poster or two?) when they reference hearing some of the music or visiting the Madison camp. Tidbits of evidence to get excited about.

I'll also say that it is a nice departure musically.

49 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Once again, I predict this will be true because I want it to be.

More seriously, it's great to hear from tesmusic (and another poster or two?) when they reference hearing some of the music or visiting the Madison camp. Tidbits of evidence to get excited about.

I liked what I've heard from Madson's brass as well this off-season...so much potential IMO :)

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

I firmly believe in their ability to bounce back I just don't see a finalist falling out. And in my eyes, Troopers wont make finals until they find a sense of unpredictability in their design because every time I see a Troopers announcement there's always the same reaction from me: yep that's Troopers. It's good and well that they've found an identity and that they pull it off pretty well every year, I just think they need some more diverse ideas. 

So between the packed group of finalists and Troopers' predictability (imo) I don't see either corps making it in. 

Some might say that last year's uniform, music and show choice was very unpredictable (arguably) for the Troopers.  

Their average placement this decade? 14th.  Their average final score this decade? 83.2

2016 placement -14th.  2016 score - 83.8

###### if you do, ###### if you don't, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Daave said:

Some might say that last year's uniform, music and show choice was very unpredictable (arguably) for the Troopers.  

Their average placement this decade? 14th.  Their average final score this decade? 83.2

2016 placement -14th.  2016 score - 83.8

###### if you do, ###### if you don't, I suppose.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to break into the top 12...I easily argue that it is even more difficult today than it has been since the inception of DCI...and a 83.2 of today is a far greater accomplishment than that same score say in any other given year of the 80's, 90's or 00's IMO...I look to the Boston Crusaders as another example...it took them 27 seasons to break into top 12...that is a long time out of top 12...since that time though they've maintained top 12 status for 17 consecutive seasons...

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

It is EXTREMELY difficult to break into the top 12...I easily argue that it is even more difficult today than it has been since the inception of DCI...and a 83.2 of today is a far greater accomplishment than that same score say in any other given year of the 80's, 90's or 00's IMO...I look to the Boston Crusaders as another example...it took them 27 seasons to break into top 12...that is a long time out of top 12...since that time though they've maintained top 12 status for 17 consecutive seasons...

I agree. The 3 or 4 Corps in the 13th-16th or so placement range would probably have made a spot in the Top 12 Finals and performing on Finals Night at Championships not that long ago.

On 3/23/2017 at 1:54 PM, Liahona said:

Or as some BAC old timers might say, it took between 26 and 28 years to break into the top 12.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2017 at 1:33 PM, Liahona said:

I liked what I've heard from Madson's brass as well this off-season...so much potential IMO :)

Madison always wins March, April & May ;-)

Devils take Gold or Silver.

Coats take the one BD doesn't.

Crown, SCV and Cavies fight for bronze.

• Like 2