2017 PREDICTIONS!

6 hours ago, corpsband said:

I think BK is probably best poised  for the leap to contention.  

No respect here for the Cavaliers it would seem. The Cavs recent years placement trajectory is better than BK's.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

You know Crown is my number 2 fav after Cadets and I even sponsored a Crownbrass player for 2017 BUT I agree with George. Crown performed at an extremely high level in 2016 but I thought the show was "not typical Crown exciting" to be positive. Glorious brass line and stunning guard but the parts were stronger than the sum. Probably good they have some new blood on staff this year. 

Exactly!

7 hours ago, Tobias said:

You know Crown is my number 2 fav after Cadets and I even sponsored a Crownbrass player for 2017 BUT I agree with George. Crown performed at an extremely high level in 2016 but I thought the show was "not typical Crown exciting" to be positive. Glorious brass line and stunning guard but the parts were stronger than the sum. Probably good they have some new blood on staff this year. 

I agree it didn't "grab and not let go".    And the "flashback" was just a bandaid to explain why the stagecoach suddenly had to move backwards (ie to pickup the saloon doors).  I get it -- not perfect at all.  Nice thing with Crown though,  you can always just listen :-)   So in that respect -- boring?  Never!  

Edited by corpsband

Something really really really really really tells me SCV is going to be doing The Canyon this year. 

On 3/6/2017 at 1:53 PM, BRASSO said:

I hope Academy finds a way to be good enough to stay in Finals. Its a hard,long, upward battle to make Finals for so many of these Corps... but of course that would mean some other Corps I like would have to be just short of making Finals too. So its not easy to do this stuff. I heard that Academy's fine soloist in their terrific closer " Unchained Melody " last season has left and found a spot in line with the Blue Devils for this season. Can't say I blame him. So long as Michael Kletsch still writes the music however ( for Crown as well ) I think there is at least the strong likelihood I'll still like their music, no matter where Academy finishes. Kletsch writes such great music arrangements for both Carolina Crown and Academy, imo.

I just returned from this weekends ACADEMY BRASS Camp, OMW.  Michael KIesh and I are from the same neck of the woods In Massachusetts, He writes for UMASS Minutemen out of Amherst and  one of my favorite Corps, Carolina Crown, I Marched the Minutemen (Simplex) out of Gardner, Mass. 1966-72.  On first read, Mr Klesh's Musical arrangements for the 2017 edition of THE ACADEMY and their performance simply left my heart dancing with joy. The musical book a note filled, intricate, intense and extremely  demanding. I believe it will most certainly be judge pleasing, and surely to be a fan favorite. Yes, THE ACADEMY's Most Seasoned Corps to date, will be challenged, but I believe with time, talent, commitment and its incredible work ethic it is up to the tasks of actualizing Mr. KIesh's and the Creative teams vision. . On first blush, the initial impression is the show has the potential,  IMHO to leave his "Drum Corpse Bride." crying tears of joy.

Now as many of you DCP'rs know from my previous submissions, I'll be the FIRST to admit that YES, I  tend to hype, no apologies.  I've been touring with this Corps since it's inception in 2004! YES, I DO tend to get overly excited, YES, I tend to get extremely emotional, But when I left the stadium last night,  my best "review" was on display with, and please pardon the expression of this Old "Corps Relic"... a "view" of my Nipples Erect! : - )  ENJOY! 

• Like 5

Academy sounds to be on track to do another season of both pleasing the fans and pleasing the judges... and that folks, will please their Corps and growing alumni base should it all come to fruition this summer for them ! I do believe that this season is shaping up to potentially be a season of intrigue. And whenever there is intrigue, some are going to be happy, and some disappointed. But that's what healthy competition is all about !

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

I just returned from this weekends ACADEMY BRASS Camp, OMW.  Michael KIesh and I are from the same neck of the woods In Massachusetts, He writes for UMASS Minutemen out of Amherst and  one of my favorite Corps, Carolina Crown, I Marched the Minutemen (Simplex) out of Gardner, Mass. 1966-72.  On first read, Mr Klesh's Musical arrangements for the 2017 edition of THE ACADEMY and their performance simply left my heart dancing with joy. The musical book a note filled, intricate, intense and extremely  demanding. I believe it will most certainly be judge pleasing, and surely to be a fan favorite. Yes, THE ACADEMY's Most Seasoned Corps to date, will be challenged, but I believe with time, talent, commitment and its incredible work ethic it is up to the tasks of actualizing Mr. KIesh's and the Creative teams vision. . On first blush, the initial impression is the show has the potential,  IMHO to leave his "Drum Corpse Bride." crying tears of joy.

Now as many of you DCP'rs know from my previous submissions, I'll be the FIRST to admit that YES, I  tend to hype, no apologies.  I've been touring with this Corps since it's inception in 2004! YES, I DO tend to get overly excited, YES, I tend to get extremely emotional, But when I left the stadium last night,  my best "review" was on display with, and please pardon the expression of this Old "Corps Relic"... a "view" of my Nipples Erect! : - )  ENJOY! 

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

And y'all thought I was crazy. 

43 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

And y'all thought I was crazy. 

I don't think anyone thought you were crazy, just LOTS of hype last year that didn't manifest in a few corps.  

I'm certainly buying a little bit of Academy hype though.  

:)