2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I predict face paint on brass/ percussion marchers in at least 2 Corps this summer.

If this happens, I hope none of it runs down into the mm eyes do to sweat.  And any corps doing this will probably be wearing a costume. 

Edited by Ghost

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

If this happens, I hope none of it runs down into the mm eyes do to sweat.  And any corps doing this will probably be wearing a costume. 

Yeah, if a Corps does face paint, I would imagine the material would be somewhat like athletes utilize to screen out the sun, but I'm WAY out of my league on how it will be done, or what face paint materials could be utilized to prevent goo to the eyes and whatnot when they perspire. And I'm just guessin' here on the face paint. But where there's smoke, theres sometimes fire... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

Predictions. One corps will just turn on a studio recording and sit down with the audience. Might as well. 

Oh just 2 cents . Bluecoats did have a lot of dirt. Did anyone check the elvis jump suits mid season? NASSSSSSSSSSSSTY dirty messssss. 

• Like 1

Hey Guys -

Just randomly chiming in to let you know that myself and another person have been working on an app that let's you predict scores and placements for each contest. We both are extremely busy with our daily life stuff, but have been chipping way at making it a reality. It is our hope to debut a beta version for the start of the 2017 season. If not by the first contest, then shortly thereafter. I am sure that we will need some of you to try it and and get feedback / work out any kinks. 

Given the popularity of these prediction threads, I thought that it would be a fun game for us to play.

Just wanted to let you know what's cooking. We have both iOS & Android versions in the works.

Cheers,

Tim

p.s. one thing up in the air is how we score predictions based on results. I have a few ideas, but am certainly open to any formula ideas that people have. My initial thought is to have 50 points be based on correct placement, and 50 points be based on scoring difference within 10 points. There needs to be some thought that goes into this relating to normalizing for different number of corps in the contest. 

I have some ideas but haven't fully flushed it out. If anyone has some good thoughts, let 'er rip. Thanks.

Edited by tim_brandt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, E3D said:

Predictions. One corps will just turn on a studio recording and sit down with the audience. 

Oh jeez, you're just the Master of The Obvious here. Yeah, we all know that corps will be the Couchmen.

21 hours ago, corpsband said:

there may be one or more "championship quality" designs in a season.  i think (in general) that what separates those designs at the end is the performer executing the design.  i don't think anyone has ever marched a clean show.

as for who was and was not "dirty",  ill pass on debating specific cases with you :biggrin:  i'll just say that up down up in the toaster is far easier to clean than strange plane over your back with multiple hand position switches.    IOW the "what" matters when assessing "dirt".  there's always a struggle between "writing hard" and "achievability".  i've alway been willing to overlook a small individual error in the name of an amazing bit of vocabulary.  otoh if the ensemble all exhibit the error....

and i realize some folks are just the opposite.  i've always considered that more of a philosophical debate more than who's  right/wrong. i've certainly heard both point-of-view on tapes!

Intervals are intervals 

21 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Oh jeez, you're just the Master of The Obvious here. Yeah, we all know that corps will be the Couchmen.

Someone has to do it. Penalties be dammed. Couchmen are the ones.,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E3D said:

Someone has to do it. Penalties be dammed. Couchmen are the ones.,

If the Couchmen can learn to behave, I'll even consider allowing one or two of them to sit on my lap, if theres no room in the stands for them.