2017 PREDICTIONS!

44 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If the Couchmen can learn to behave, I'll even consider allowing one or two of them to sit on my lap, if theres no room in the stands for them.

Now you've done it.  Everyone who reads that reply now knows you have a big lap.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Now you've done it.  Everyone who reads that reply now knows you have a big lap.

I'm guilty as charged, Ghost... my off season " Cone of Silence " needs a very powerful acrylic sealant fortifyer at the moment, as my Cone is nowhere near as impregnable as the DCI Corps " Cones " are.

• Like 1

You are trying to say you have a inferiority complex when it comes to your "cone"? :w00t:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Cadets

6. SCV

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

11. Crossmen

12. The Academy

33 minutes ago, patrick643 said:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Cadets

6. SCV

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

11. Crossmen

12. The Academy

13 Corps won't be performing on Finals Night. Its possible, if theres a tie for 12th, but DCI has moved the decimals out a few more spots to make this more and more unlikely. But.. in pre season, anything is possible, I suppose.

57 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

13 Corps won't be performing on Finals Night. Its possible, if theres a tie for 12th, but DCI has moved the decimals out a few more spots to make this more and more unlikely. But.. in pre season, anything is possible, I suppose.

There have been 13 corps in DCI Finals before. Ask the Bridgemen.

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

There have been 13 corps in DCI Finals before. Ask the Bridgemen.

I know. But those were special circumstances, as you well know ( including the reason for the " special circumstances " that allowed it to happen )

On 4/24/2017 at 1:44 PM, BRASSO said:

True. And of course no poster on here has thought or posted otherwise. So this assessment comment is something I'd imagine we all should be able to agree with on here. Conversely, flawless execution by marchers is capable of being destroyed by sloppy Show Desgns.

And I hate to pick on the 2016 Cadets here ( as I've loved many of their show designs )but to illustrate a point, the Cadets performers were doomed to non medal last season even before the bus that carried them to their 1st show cut the engines in the stadium parking lot. No matter how well the Cadets performers executed last season's show, they were doomed to a non medal.

The Cavaliers medaled ( 3rd ) in 2011. Then fell to 8th in 2012. What happened with the placement fall in one season ? Did the 2012 Cavaliers not have the talent that the 2011 Cavs Corps did ? Not work as hard in the summer ? Not perform and execute their show as well as the 2011 Cavs marchers did ? I don't believe any of this is the reason for the placement fall. The Cavs from all reports had an experienced and mature Corps in 2012. There was no drop off in marcher talent in the Cavaliers between 2011 and 2012, no matter what anybody might try and spin for us here. Then why did the marchers in the Cavs drop 5 placement positions to finish 8th ? Well, it wasn't the marchers fault. The marchers performed and executed the 2012 show well, imo. Played the music well. Marched the show well. Guard was still as talented and could spin the rifles, and dance as well as the Cavs medal Corps could. The 2012 Cavs Corps marchers presumably worked as hard as all Cavs marchers do. What happened was that the Cavaliers lost their iconic Show Designer, Michael Gaines at the end of the medal season in 2011. The Cavs Show Design for 2012 paled to that of the Show Designs of Michel Gaines. Anybody that trys to tell us that the Cavs had a chance of medaling in 2012 if they " executed their show " is perhaps well meaning, but unfortunately they are helplessly naive, imo. Like the Cadets of last season, the Cavs talented marchers of 2012 were regrettably doomed to suffer major placement slide once it became apparent to one and all that the adult created Show Design was nowhere near as good as previous editions from the Corps. Even a perfectly executed sub par Show Design won't get you a cup of coffee come Championships, let alone place well... no matter what the apparently helplessly naive on here attempt to try and tell us otherwise regarding performance based " marcher execution ". 

The reasons Cavaliers dropped in 2012 were design and execution. You can't attribute that fall simply to design. The talent level between 2011 and 2012 may have been the same but that doesn't mean the execution level was the same. It wasn't. Not even close. 

Been thinking about mine for a while.  parenthesis means maybe  

1. Carolina Crown (2)

2. Blue Devils (1)

3. Bluecoats (2)

4. Cadets (5, but Cadets win anytime when it's the right show, no question.)

5. SCV(4)

6. Cavaliers (5, even 4th)

7.  Blue Knights (could be anything up to 3rd honestly, I've heard the show and think it could expand into something great)

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars (up to 7th)

10. Crossmen (to 8th)

11. Madison Scouts (to 7th, I also never doubt the Scouts)

12. The Academy (to 10th, not sure if Academy style shows will really hold in this new age of drum corps)

•  
Edited by johnpendell