2017 PREDICTIONS!

4 hours ago, Lance said:

there will be some discussion about which version of "The Triumph of Time" is better, BD's or SCV's. 

From my understanding after talking with folks in both camps, it sound like BD is doing a large part of this piece, while SCV is using a much smaller part in one of their other productions. I would bet they wont have anything in common when its all said and done. I'm just stoked both groups are doing what seems like really fun, exciting and aggressive programs this season. Would love to see a real West Coast championship rivalry begin again! 

• Like 5

On 5/13/2017 at 7:21 PM, BoaDci said:

1. (tie) BD and SCV, even though this could never happen due to that stupid GE rule

2. Cadets

3. Cavies

4. Crown

5. Bloo

6. BAC

7. BK

8. Madison

9. Colts

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. PR

Now this is what I like to see from a pre season prediction having 2 finalists from last year dropping out (Academy and Phantom), having 2 of last years medalists drop out of the top 3 and putting Colts in 9, I have one word, aggressive.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

Now this is what I like to see from a pre season prediction having 2 finalists from last year dropping out (Academy and Phantom), having 2 of last years medalists drop out of the top 3 and putting Colts in 9, I have one word, aggressive.

I try.  The thing is I could really see this happening XD.  I edited a bit.

Blue Devils- I just think have been very successful and probably are a safer bet than SCV

SCV- The addition of Gaines, plus its their 50th.

Cadets- Such a storied corps that has fallen for the last few years.  I think theyre finally going to pull together a good design this year, and theyre playing Mass.  Makes this a no brainer even with staff changes.  I think if they had done this last year they would have won a title and they would have theyre staff back for this year.

I think the most reckless is Bloo in 4th, because I have no basis except theyve been too successful.  I feel like theyre bound to have a design flop at some point.  (I honestly have grown to love Bloo, I just have other corps I prefer to be ahead of them this year)

Crown- Victim of staff changes, but percussion is back on the rise.  We'll still have that solid brass line, so they'll stay in the top five.

Cavies- I think with this program they have they could move up into the top five but IDK we'll see

BAC- Holy staff changes, big jump this year.  Eventually we'll see a medal.  Plus, they have that pit girl again.

BK- I think we're gonna see more solid BK this year, this seems like a safe bet.

Madison- Solid program, and I expect them to be hungry to be back in finals.

Colts- What they have coming is crazy.  Get excited.

Blue Stars- Just like Blue Knights are gonna have just another solid show.

Crossmen- The repetoire choices are really solid and I think they gonna be alot more refined than what we saw last year.

Non finalists (not in order):

Troopers- I love them but until they get those uniforms changed we wont be seeing them any higher (even with that monster hornline and battery)

Phantom- Well we all saw that show announcement and it just didn't strike me as incredible.  I love Phantom, but I just don't think standard Phantom is gonna do it anymore with what other corps are putting out.

BDB- It just isnt their time yet, I dont have the vibe.

Academy- I love their show, but I don't think it really wows me.  But, maybe Im wrong I certainly was last year.

Why does a 50th anniversary mean an immediate jump? I've seen that comment very often this year with SCV yet nobody has explained why. Look at what happened to Boston with their 75th anniversary show. I'd love to see SCV do well, but I'm gonna wait till summer to predict them any higher than 4/5th. 

Edited by ilovecheese

40 minutes ago, ilovecheese said:

Why does a 50th anniversary mean an immediate jump? I've seen that comment very often this year with SCV yet nobody has explained why. Look at what happened to Boston with their 75th anniversary show. I'd love to see SCV do well, but I'm gonna wait till summer to predict them any higher than 4/5th. 

Probably because their show actually seems really great this year from the theme. Very edgy, looks like they're going back to their roots.

• Like 1

Haven't done this so I figured might as well...

1. Blue Devils 

2. Bluecoats

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

Return of the G7?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

1. Blue Devils 

2. Bluecoats

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

Return of the G7?

I gave you a like just for that question at the end.

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

1. Blue Devils 

2. Bluecoats

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

Return of the G7?

This actually seems perfectly reasonable. How dare you!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Troopers- I love them but until they get those uniforms changed we wont be seeing them any higher (even with that monster hornline and battery)

I've got no issues with the placement predictions -- they are harmless fun -- but this idea that the uniforms are holding back Troopers is flat ridiculous. If you've got evidence -- a judge on tape, a scoresheet with a "uniform" score or something -- then let's hear it. Understood that the current uniform has really polarized Troop nation, but if ever there was proof that uniforms have zero effect on a corps' ability to compete, the Bluecoats are it.

It's okay to hate the white uniform -- the whole activity is one large subjective exercise -- but to draw a connection between the uniform and competitive placement is just silly.

• Like 2