2017 PREDICTIONS!

10 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I think Vanguard is either going to win or come in second.  Just a feeling.

Certainly a move up from last year.

Facts of 2016 Championship weekend:

• Bluecoats were 2nd, 3rd, and 1st in Visual Proficiency...averaged to 2nd overall
  • Bluecoats were 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd in Visual Analysis...averaged to 2nd overall
  • Bluecoats were 3rd, 2nd, and 3rd in Color Guard...averaged to 3rd overall
  • Bluecoats were 3rd, 2nd, and 3rd in Total Visual...averaged to 3rd overall
  • Bluecoats were 1st, 1st, and 1st in GE Visual...averaged to 1st overall

I HIGHLY doubt that 15 judges picked for Championship weekend overlooked "dirt" and placed them top 3 in all categories. 

If you didn't like the show or don't like innovation, fine, but just get over it. It's been 9 months. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, snare_guy_83 said:

• Bluecoats were 2nd, 3rd, and 1st in Visual Proficiency...averaged to 2nd overall

I HIGHLY doubt that 15 judges picked for Championship weekend overlooked "dirt" and placed them top 3 in all categories. 

If you didn't like the show or don't like innovation, fine, but just get over it. It's been 9 months. 

I'm still upset that Bridgemen got disqualified in 1977. They would have been second! Highest of a NJ corps.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Just want to clarify that it wasn't an "afterglow." Many people including me pointed out just how dirty the Bluecoats were last season prior to even Prelims. In fact, you can probably still find the posts on Reddit that showed many spots where the visual cleanliness of their show was downright bad. 

I understand effect being important but not sure how I feel about sacrificing the value of cleanliness in the judging community for it

It may well be you were in the minority with your awareness of the dirt in the Bluecoats show prior to Indy.  Maybe others saw it but were less vocal for whatever reason and were caught up in the uniqueness of the program and didn't "see" the dirt.  I do totally agree with you about sacrificing cleanliness for effect.  Part of what draws me to D&B is the precision of it.  But through the years there has been a clear drop off of the precision aspects.  Relative to the afterglow, I meant that as the "glow" of the show diminishes over time in the weeks and months following finals.  The dirt finally gets seen.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

I will be honest... I was not completely in love with that show last season, but I do greatly respect how creative it was. Thid post, I agree with... still happy that they won their first championship!

15 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Pump the brakes man.  Why so angry.  No one is saying Bluecoats didn't deserve the win. I'm pretty sure everyone is "over it" although I'm not sure what we needed to get over. Bluecoats had what was judged to be the best show with the best performance when it needed to be.  Simple as that.  But when it gets looked back at, and there is a realization there was a lot of dirt,  might that result in judging this year to be more critical of what was overlooked (and yes it was overlooked) for the sake of an unquestionably unique program and performance?  Basically, will there be overcompensation? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Pump the brakes man.  Why so angry.  No one is saying Bluecoats didn't deserve the win. I'm pretty sure everyone is "over it"  

Exactly. I didn't see any hate on this thread for the Bluecoats. Personally, I loved their 2017 creative show, despite the visible dirt. Most fans did too... judges in all 3 panels did as well.

• Like 2