2017 PREDICTIONS!

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

In their first season?  They have been as high as fifth in the past and have been in the top 12 for the past 18 seasons.  This is a seasoned group.

You misread me as an amateur, just as your homerism is showing.

Last years Cadet's season was more or less a disaster (in Cadet standards). Still placed 6th. 

I don't see that happening again. They will be top 4

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Last years Cadet's season was more or less a disaster (in Cadet standards). Still placed 6th. 

I don't see that happening again. They will be top 4

Good luck!

Going out on a limb here.  This has absolutely no basis on any known activity other than musical selections.

THERE WILL BE TWO DIFFERENT MEDALISTS THIS YEAR FROM 2016!

• Like 1

My feeling is that only two corps will really be in contention for the title this summer.  There will be no 3 or 4 corps race as we've seen in past years.  I think Bluecoats and Blue Devils will lead the pack and one of those two will win DCI.  I think Carolina Crown may drop back ever so slightly.  SCV may nab the 3 spot, with Crown in 4 -- maybe?.  I think the Cadets or Cavaliers will nab the 5 and 6 spots; and Blue Knights or Phantom Regiment will be pushing them hard.  I would not be surprised to see Boston push into 7 or 8, potentially knocking off Phantom of BK.  I am also hoping for strong seasons from Madison, Blue Stars, Academy, Crossmen, and on and on.

For me, the real race has always been 5th place and lower, especially the 7 - 14 positions.  There are many talented corps out there and only so many spots.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Predictions - BD and Crown fight for the title all season. Bluecoats cadets and scv fight for the bronze. Blue knights or Phantom drop to a group beneath them and Boston's staff overhaul flops and don't jump more than 2 spots. 

Considering Boston has been on a downward trend these last few years a jump of 2 spots in the other direction to me would be a success...

• Like 1

Now that shows are mostly announced...

1) Devils

2) SCV

3) Bluecoats

4) Cavaliers

5) Crown

6) Cadets

7) Phantom

8) Blue Stars

9) Blue Knights

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Crossmen

12) Academy

13) Madison Scouts

14) Colts

15) Troopers

16) BDB

17) Mandarins

Shows I am most curious to see: Cavaliers, Phantom, Cadets, Academy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, littlejaw said:

You misread me as an amateur, just as your homerism is showing.

I might be double posting so please excuse me if I have.  But,  my homerism is showing?  You say it like it's a bad thing - somewhat derogatory.  In case you hadn't noticed, there are may "homers" on these threads.  I don't think I posted anything that should have offended you or anyone.  I was a bit surprised you said Boston was likely to not advance in their first year.  I was not clear on why you consider it their first year.